Jacob will be 2 on the 17th. Hard to imagine! In the past month or so, his vocabulary has just exploded! He says tons and tons of words now and learns new ones all the time. He repeats everything we say! He's starting to say a lot of 2 word phrases too - 'bye-bye, Daddy', 'night-night, Daddy', 'baby I-Yi', 'help me' and the list goes on.
We have the book 'Sheep in a Jeep' and the first part goes 'Beep. Beep. Sheep in a jeep on a hill that's steep. Uh-oh. The jeep won't go.' Jacob started saying, 'Uh-oh. Jeep on't go.' Yesterday during boot camp we were running through the neighborhood surrounding the park and we saw a couple guys working on their car. As we passed by Jacob said, 'Uh-oh. Jeep on't go!' I was just amazed that he made that connection. I love it! He's really starting to make more and more of those connections. He'll notice when he and Isaac are wearing the same color diaper. The other day I put a yellow one on him and he pointed to Isaac who was also wearing a yellow one and said, 'Ye-Yo.' So far the only color he can name is yellow. Must be his favorite or something. :D
Jacob is all about the outdoors - being outdoors and looking outdoors. He also LOVES his bike and wants to ride it all the time.
This is what I hear pretty much all day long
Since Jacob likes to look out the window so much I moved his step stool to the picture window. I was getting tired of holding him all the time so he could watch the cars go by. :P
He loves his new vantage point
Isaac will be 5 months old on the 9th and he is learning lots of new stuff too. His latest achievement is sitting up!
He still isn't completely stable, but is doing great at being able to correct himself when he leans too far to one side. Earlier this week he would just topple over.
Isaac loves to play with toys. He gets pretty wild sometimes! When he gets like that we have to take away the hard toys because he bops himself on the head.
He now sits in his highchair while we eat and he loves that. It won't be too much longer and we can start him on some solid foods. I can't believe he is that old already!
Isaac also loves the outdoors. Today he was cranky after one of his naps and since the weather was so nice I decided to take the boys out for a while. Isaac stopped being a crab as soon as he got on his blanket to play.
This picture just cracks me up!
Jacob loves to help! He helps Alan pick veggies in the garden (mostly 'matoes so he can eat them) and he helps me unload the dishwasher and pick up his toys before bedtime. He loves his new Mr. Potato Head and after we pack him up in the box Jacob says, 'Night-night 'Tato'.
Today he helped me rake up the pine needles.
Here he is picking them out of the rake
I was playing with Isaac on the blanket when I heard Jacob grunting in frustration. I looked over and he had pulled his pool up to the hose, but couldn't get the hose pulled out far enough to reach the pool. I pulled the hose out for him so he could pretend to fill up the pool.
Hey! Where's the water! He wasn't too thrilled that he had to pretend. He wanted to fill it up for real.
I could go on and on about all the cool and cute stuff Jacob and Isaac have been doing lately, but I'll spare you. They are both at such fun ages where they get such a kick out of discovering their world.
No comments:
Post a Comment