Saturday, August 1, 2009

Odd and Ends

Here are some random pictures taken over the past week.

While Randall and the kids were still out, we went to visit Bracken Bird Farm. Alan and Randall's dad had an aviary with lots of different kinds of birds, many of which we saw at the farm. It was fun to hear them talk about all the birds they remembered having as kids.

They didn't allow photography indoors, but you could take pictures of the animals they had outdoors. We saw goats, a mama duck with her ducklings, a Brahma bull which was ginormous, a couple steers and turkeys. They also have a camel and some ostriches, but you couldn't get near them due to their mean natures. Bummer!

This turkey wanted us to know that he was boss! He shook his feathers at us and made loud noises.
Sam and I decided that his gobble-gobble looked like intestines. I don't think I have ever seen such an ugly turkey.


Jacob wanted Isaac to wear his hat. It actually fits Isaac better than Jacob. Try to convince Jacob of that!


I don't get bouquets of flowers. I get bouquets of beet greens! Ha Ha. These beauties came from our garden and they are tasty! We made a beet salad with bleu cheese and candied walnuts. Then we sauteed the beet greens to serve alongside. Yum. Yum!
The chicken in the picture was a purchase we made in Big Bear. Jacob thinks it is so funny to 'feed' her at mealtimes.


A couple more pictures of my cute little guy. If you look closely you can see a drop of drool hanging off his chin. He sure is a drooler!

No comments: