This morning Jacob went potty on the toilet!
A while back we bought one of those potty ring inserts that fits on the toilet just to get him used to the idea. About a week and a half ago he started getting interested in it and asking us to use it. Nothing would actually happen. He just sat there, but it was a start. This morning he was saying something to me, but I couldn't really understand him. I asked him to repeat it and he went by the bathroom door and said it again. I figured out he was saying 'potty'. Sometimes you have to know the context to understand the word he is saying. :P I took him in and got him on the toilet totally figuring this would be like every other time where we would just hang out in the bathroom for a while. Nope! As soon as I sat him down he made a funny face and I heard the tinkle, tinkle. I was so surprised! At first I didn't even really believe it, but as soon as I knew it was true I made a huge deal about it. I pretty much sounded like an idiot! He didn't ask again all day long and then in the evening he asked to go potty, but nothing happened - until he got in the bathtub two minutes later where he proceeded to go in the tub. Of course! This may have been a total fluke, but at least I know he is kind of getting it. Yay for Jacob!
2 comments:
That is a great start! Boys are a bit hard to work with but once he gets the idea he will take off! Right now its a novelty and a fun toy.
Totally did the same thing: bought one for Eva last week. Not much of a tinkle just yet, but at least she's very excited about it!
Way to go, Jacob!
Post a Comment