Saturday, December 26, 2009

I didn't ruin Christmas after all

The Christmas festivities started out a little rough.

Thursday afternoon we all went for a little walk/bike/stroller ride around the block. Jacob was just so cute pedaling his bike up the sidewalks. He had to stop a bit on the uphill parts, but did a really good job for going that far. When we got back, I started to feel a little yuck. Over the next hour, it went from a little yuck to a lot yuck. By dinner time I was feeling awful, so I had Alan go pick up the tamales and the boys had their Christmas Eve dinner while I laid on the couch. We did open the presents we got from Alan's brother's family and the boys had a blast. Isaac knew just what to do! As soon as Alan set that box of gifts down, Isaac high-tailed it over there and started ripping.

Sometimes it easier to just bite them open. :P


Checking out the new zoo train




Here is me in all my patheticness. At this point I felt ready to puke at any moment. Thanks for sharing, huh??? Jacob must have sensed I needed some assistance. :D


The plan was to go over to my parents' for brunch on Christmas morning and then open gifts with them and my brothers, but I called my mom that night to break the news that I was sick. We decided to just postpone the festivities. I felt really bad because everyone was going to have to wait a couple weeks to open their gifts since my dad left for MI this morning and won't be returning until New Years weekend when my brother is planning on going on a little getaway. We wouldn't be able to open gifts until almost the middle of January!

Fortunately, I woke up feeling much better Christmas morning. We ate breakfast and then opened the stockings. When we told Jacob we were going to open more presents, he squealed so loud I am surprised they didn't hear him on the other side of town. It is so fun having little kids who get so excited about the holidays!



Jacob got a little side-tracked reading his 'Curious George' book


My Grandma made these stockings for the boys


Everything goes in the mouth!


Isaac checking out the baboon that Jacob got from his cousins. Its as big as he is and he is just so enthralled with it


After we opened stockings I called my parents to wish them a Merry Christmas. After I told my mom I was feeling better and she talked to my brothers, it was decided that we would go over there just for the gift opening. I felt so much better knowing that I didn't ruin Christmas for everyone!

Before we started opening gifts, my dad wanted to read the Christmas story, but Jacob would not let him. HE wanted to hold the Bible and was pretty much just throwing an ugly fit, so my dad handed him the Bible and decided to just say a quick prayer. Two year olds, huh?

Jacob did redeem himself by being super cute and folding his hands so reverently while my dad prayed. Look how matted his hair is. That's from thrashing around on the couch during his little fit.


A puzzle! Jacob loves to put puzzles together and this one has trucks. What could be better than that?


Isaac had fun opening gifts too


And chewing on them


Jacob couldn't wait to try out his new wheelbarrow, so as soon as we got home, Alan put it together and they went outdoors to collect some leaves


So even though the holiday started out a little rocky and I was sure I had ruined Christmas, everything worked out in the end and we had a really nice day. :P

2 comments:

Two Guys and a Girl said...

Yay for not ruining Christmas! :o)

Looks like the boys had a great day!

Sarah Schenkel said...

So glad you're feeling better...and I love Isaac's sweater vests!