Friday, December 18, 2009

Random stuff from this week

The boys have been sick this week with gross, runny noses. I am sick of wiping snot off noses, faces, my clothes! And since we can't be near people, we've sort of been living in a bubble and getting a little tired of so much togetherness. There also hasn't been a lot of napping here the past couple days. The other day I was desperate when they both pooped right after I put them to bed and wouldn't sleep. I knew they were tired, so I loaded them in their carseats, got some gas, buzzed through the Starbucks drive-thru to get myself a peppermint mocha and then drove around until they fell asleep. When they were both zonked, I headed home and we sat in the driveway. I attempted to read, but fell asleep too! Good thing our driveway is set back and behind a gate so nobody could see that business. They would probably think we were all dead in there and call the police!

Things haven't been all bad. We did get all our Christmas shopping done. YAY!

The other day Jacob was busy eating his lunch and Isaac was playing in the kitchen while I was doing some clean-up. I looked over and Jacob was using his toy spaghetti spoon to eat his pasta. I asked where he got that and he said, 'Isaac.' I think that was true because he was strapped in to his seat and that spoon was laying on the floor just minutes before I saw him with it. Guess Isaac figured Jacob needed a fun spoon to eat with.




We've been playing outside a lot because otherwise we would all go insane.
Here is a picture to go along with the video I posted last night.
'I don't know how I got so wet, Mommy. It just happened!'


I did a ton of Christmas shopping on Etsy this year. Etsy.com is a website where people sell their handmade items. It rocks! If you haven't checked it out, you should. A warning though: its addicting! There is so much cool stuff to look at. One thing I really like about it is that you can ask the seller questions about the product. You can even ask if they could make changes and they usually will.

ANYWAY, I wanted to get a hat for Jacob for those chilly mornings at Baby Boot Camp, but after looking just a little bit on Etsy, I realized that I should just make one myself. DUH! I found a free pattern online, got some yarn for like $7 and whipped up a hat in about an hour. I still have yarn left so it probably only cost like $3/4 to make.
Here's the finished product. I think it turned out really cute.



Hmmm....no pictures of Isaac?? Guess I'll have to get on that. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Sarah Schenkel said...

SUPER cute hat! And how adorable that Isaac saw that his brother was in need. I hope Aliyah and Livy are great friends like Jacob and Isaac!

Jessica said...

I LOVE that hat! I actually just bought Alayna a cute girl one off of Etsy.... only I paid about $20! You should make some and sell them... I'd buy one!

Sorry you guys have been sick, that is always a huge bummer :( Hope you're feeling better soon! At least we've had nice weather :)