Thursday, July 8, 2010

Random

I don't have anything particularly exciting to post about so this is just a post full of random pictures and updates.

Jacob is REALLY into stickers right now. He would do them all day if I let him.

Notice the sour look on his face here. He didn't want me to take his picture, but I did any way. :P

Here are just a few of the pictures he has made. This was when he first started and I was desperately digging through my stuff to find stickers. Now we have quite the collection!

Jacob first sticks a bunch of stickers on a paper and then colors on it. This one he really went to town!

Isaac was starting to get really crabby at mealtimes, especially breakfast, and we couldn't figure out why. He would kick and flail and scream when we would try to get him in his highchair and then when we did manage to wrestle him in, he would just cry and cry. Then one day at snack, he was throwing a huge fit so I stuck him in Jacob's booster seat and it was like magic. No more crying, just happy eating. I told Alan I think he just didn't like his booster seat anymore, and Alan said 'Let's get him a booster seat STAT.' So off I went to Babies r Us that very instant. Ha Ha!

I got two new boosters and gave Jacob's old one to my mom so she has two at her house too.
They LOVE their new seats! Jacob may not look like he loves it, but he does.


Happy boy in his big boy seat.

We have since had to move Isaac away from the table and have him use the booster seat tray because he pushes off the table with his hands and almost tips the chair backward all the way to the ground. This kid is a wild one, I tell ya! He still loves the booster better than the highchair.

Now we have a highchair to get rid of. If you, or anyone you know (local - I'm not shipping a giant highchair) wants a highchair for free, let me know!
Here's a pic of it. Of course, it has a tray too.
Oh my goodness! This hardly even looks like Isaac, does it?

Jacob loves to build towers with his Mega blocks. Doesn't he look like such a big boy?

We FINALLY got Isaac to sleep until 6:00/6:30 in the morning. Man, was that a struggle! For a while he was waking up at 4:00, then 4:30, then 5:00......well, you get the picture. Tired baby=crabby baby. Tired parents=crabby parents. Now we limit his naps and wake him up at 10:00 before we go to bed. I read in some book that doing that is supposed to break up their sleep rhythm and most kids will sleep from 10-6. We were desperate so we tried it. When we first started doing that he was sleeping until 5:30, but now that we've been doing it for a couple weeks, he sleeps until more like 6:00 or 6:30. Heaven! Rested baby=happy baby. Rested parents=happy parents. :D

Speaking of sleep, Jacob is done with naps. For a while he would talk in bed for over an hour after we put him down for the night and then would still wake up at 5:30. Any day that he didn't have a nap, he would fall asleep right away at night and sleep until at least 6:30. Right when he started potty training we decided to just forgo the naps and see how it went, figuring it would be easier with potty training anyway. He's done fine, so naps are a thing-o-the past. I have mixed feelings about that. Having him up all day doesn't give me any free time to get things done, but it also means that there is more time to do fun things with the boys and to run errands.

2 comments:

Sarah Schenkel said...

Cracks me up that Jacob never wants his picture taken.

Two Guys and a Girl said...

What a big boy to want to sit in a booster seat! Get used to younger brother HAVING to do everything older brother does. :o) Sorry about the no naps. Do you have him do quiet time in his room at least so you can have some down time?