Monday, July 5, 2010

Fourth of July

We had a fun Fourth of July weekend. I was thinking that we would have a bbq with my parents Sunday evening, but then was informed that Alan had to take offering at the evening service, so that sorta blew those plans out. Instead, we had them over Saturday evening. Alan bought some chuck steak and then ground it up himself to make burgers. Those were some good burgers! For dessert we had homemade strawberry ice cream. It was a gorgeous evening and the boys had a blast just running and running around the backyard.

On Sunday after Isaac got up from his nap, we headed to the park for the city's festivities. Someone handed Jacob this flag and he had such fun waving it around.

I tried to get a picture of both boys by the tree with Jacob waving the flag. Isaac wouldn't stand by the tree and I have no idea who Jacob is looking at. :P

I think Isaac was telling Jacob not to wave that thing in his face!

I am sure he is reflecting on what a wonderful country he lives in.


We watched the 15 minute parade. The boys loved the music and all the people.

I think I should trade my wagon in for this beauty! What do ya think? Is it me??

See the blue bracelet on Jacob's left wrist? The Boy Scouts threw those out during the parade and Jacob thought it was the coolest. He wore it to church that night and got upset when it fell off while we were changing him into his jammies. Alan did manage to get it off him before he went to bed.



Isaac with the sucker that some lady handed him. He had fun trying to run up and grab the candy on the street. Too bad it was all stuff he is too little to eat!

I think this is the first Fourth of July that it wasn't like 105 degrees. It was perfect weather! We didn't see any fireworks this year since the boys were in bed by 7:30, but we heard them and peeked out the window during the grand finale. We couldn't see much because of our giant tree in the backyard, though, so we went to bed. Aren't we fun??

No comments: