Isaac is quite a character!
He wore this bib on his head for quite a while one morning. I thought he looked like a nun so I called him 'Sister Isaac', but then Jacob had to inform me that 'Isaac is my BRUTTER, Mommy!'

Somehow he got this sticker stuck on his bum!


This morning he put this blanket over his head and was walking around going, 'Mmmmmmh. Mmmmmmhhhh' like he was a little monster!

Alan called him the 'Rainbow Monster' or something like that.

Some of the things Isaac likes to do:
* Play dough, stickers, color
* Puzzles - he's pretty good. He is very patient and persistent and will sit and try a piece for long time.
* Hide: Although I don't think his intention is always to hide. Sometimes he is just sitting quietly and inconspicuously. The other day I thought he was following me indoors after we went for a walk, but he didn't. I went outdoors to find him and couldn't. We were calling his name, looking everywhere and we finally spotted him crouching behind the stroller. I don't think he was trying to hide from us. He was just too busy doing his own thing to notice that we were trying to find him. He does like to actually hide though too, always behind the curtains.
* Tease/torment his brother: He'll grab a toy that Jacob is playing with and take off down the hall as fast as he can go, giggling all the way. Of course, this makes Jacob mad which makes Isaac run faster and giggle harder, which infuriates Jacob. Its a vicious cycle.
Isaac has an amazing vocabulary. The other day while the boys were playing outdoors I just started writing down all the words that Isaac uses and came up with over 80. Since then I have heard him say even more, so I would dare bet he uses 100+ words. I don't remember Jacob talking that much at a year and a half. One thing he can't say is 'Jacob'. He calls him 'Dabba'. People ask where that came from and I really don't know, but I called my brother Jeff 'Jushy' and 'Dushy' so maybe it is just in the genes to call your sibling weird names.
I mentioned in an earlier post that we got Isaac to use his blanket, monkey and doggy for night-night time. Now the past couple nights he has let me tuck him in. I tell him to lay down and then I cover him with his blankie and he tucks the blankie under himself just like his big brother Jacob (he's seen Jacob get tucked in a couple times lately, so maybe he is just trying to be like his big brother). Oh, it is so precious!! I could just stare and stare at him all cozied up with his blankie and stuffies.
He may not be a baby anymore, technically, but he loves to be cuddled by Mommy. I hear, 'I want Mommy. I want Mommy.' a lot and all he wants is to be held. Sometimes it is frustrating because I am trying to get something done, like make lunch or dinner, but I try to remind myself that someday he isn't going to 'want Mommy' anymore.
What a goofball! As I write this he is sitting in his chair with a plastic container over his face, saying something like, 'Hey ya! Hey ya! Hey ya!' to Jacob. Love that kid! He makes me laugh.
1 comment:
I love "Sister Isaac"! He is SUCH a doll.
Post a Comment