Sunday, September 5, 2010

Three year stats

Jacob had his 3 year check up last week and weighed in at 29 pounds and was 37 inches. I think he is around the 25th percentile for both. His pediatrician just kinda laughed and asked if I remembered a year or so ago when he wasn't even on the charts for weight. He grew 3 inches since March when we measured him last! I have a feeling he is going to need some new pants this fall.

Here he is with Alan (and Thomas the train) last Sunday wearing their matching outfits (even their sandals match). I love the look on Isaac's face. He looks a little frightened.

According to Jacob at dinner tonight:
* We were eating 'cass' (quiche)
* My name is Mama Ballerina - took a while to figure out what he was saying. I said, 'Did you call me 'Mama Ballerina?' His response, 'Yes! I did.' He had the biggest grin on his face because he knew he was being hilarious.
* Alan was at the school dance (at dinner with students, really)

Where does he come up with this stuff?

Jacob is an explainer. He is always explaining and correcting Isaac. Last week we went to Baby Boot Camp and then to my parents'. Isaac heard the word 'Oma' and kept repeating it. Jacob said, 'We are going to Baby 'Boont' Camp first, Isaac.' Then Isaac started talking about Boppa and Jacob explained, 'Boppa's not going to be there, Isaac.' Then after we got to my parents' Isaac was walking the wrong way so Jacob said, 'No, the door is this way, Isaac.' He always uses Isaac's name at the end. Always.
'That's Daddy's car, Isaac. We are going in this car, Isaac.'
'Its not time to play now, Isaac. Its time for dinner, Isaac.'
'We cannot play outside, Isaac. Its too hot, Isaac.'

Jacob is very particular about things and I really hope it is just a phase. After he watches a cartoon he can't do anything else until we turn the t.v. off. 'Turn it off please, Mommy. Turn the t.b. off, Mommy.' He also can't stand it if we leave the kiddie couch in the living room when he isn't using it. 'Move the couch please, Mommy. Bring it to the playroom please, Mommy.'
In the bathroom the stool he uses to wash his hands has to be in JUST the right spot and so does the rug. If the rug is moved over to the side or the stool isn't pushed all the way up to the counter, he cannot wash his hands until it is fixed. We are working on trying to get him to relax about these things a bit and just let things slide.
There is a positive side to this. He likes to clean up. The other day he just started picking up his toys and I said, 'Hey, whatcha doing, Buddy?' 'I'm cleaning, Mommy. I clean it up for you.' Gotta love that!!

I remember when Jacob was smaller, he just wasn't all that cuddly. No hugs or kisses for that kid! That has really changed and now he is very affectionate. He will just come up to one of us and say, 'I wub you. I wub you bery much.' and give a big hug and tons of kisses. He goes up to Isaac, throws his arms around his neck (which Isaac doesn't always love) and says, 'I wub my brutter.' Just melts my heart!

2 comments:

Steven, Sara, Zachary and Andrew said...

So glad to hear that Jacob is so particular about things too. Zach is the same way! Here's to hoping it's just a 3 year old boy thing!

Two Guys and a Girl said...

What a cutie pie. I love hearing the things he says. How cute that he says he wubs you and wubs his brutter. Sooooo adorable!!