Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Painting

Jacob got some paints and supplies for his birthday this year and we finally got them out. I didn't want to do it when Isaac was awake because I knew he would be completely covered in paint, so we had to do it while he napped, but lately it is just too hot to go out at noon. Jacob kept saying, 'I paint pretty soon.' and I was starting to feel really guilty about not doing it, so last week I suggested to him that we go outside and paint and he said, 'I paint pretty soon.' I said, 'No, now. Do you want to paint now?' He looked confused, then got a big smile on his face when he realized what I was saying.

Jacob LOVED it and it is all he has talked about the past week.
'I painted.'
'I paint again soon.'
'I show Isaac I painted.'
'I paint with Isaac.'
I could go on and on. Really. He loved it that much.
He seems very interested in painting with Isaac so I told him we would go get some water paints. I figure that will be less messy for an 18 month old.

Anyway, here are the pics.


You can see here in his second painting that the colors are getting pretty mixed. I didn't have a bowl of water out to rinse his brushes. I figured it would just add to the mess. I kinda like the result anyway.

And his third and final painting of the day. He was so proud of what he made!

I am so glad I didn't put shoes on him because he had paint spilled all over the mat I put down and kept stepping in it. By the end his feet were quite multi-colored. I should have gotten a picture of his painted piggies.

No comments: