Friday morning we met with our church's moms' group at a local retirement community for a little costume parade. The kiddos parade around the table to trick-or-treat while the senior saints have their coffee time.
I got just one decent picture while we were there. This is the boys with their friend Daniela.
That evening we went to a Halloween party at a local church. It was a fun evening with lots to do. One of the favorites was the trick-or-treat trail where the kids can walk through a 'campsite' and the 'campers' pass out candy.
Isaac was kissing the 'tebby bear' at one of the campsites

Even Alan and I dressed up. Alan was Adam Savage from Mythbusters.

If you don't know what Adam Savage looks like

It kinda freaked me out all night because of the remarkable resemblance. What's funny is that Alan is teaching a freshman seminar course on Mythbusters.
Unfortunately, no pictures were taken of me in my awesome mechanics costume. I even had grease splotches on my face. Oh well.
No pictures, please!

Another favorite was the Toy Story skit. Isaac loved the Potato Heads. He kept saying, 'Head! Head!'. Both of the boys were just mesmerized by all the singing and dancing going on on stage.
Speaking of dancing......
Isaac was getting down to the brass band that was playing.

Saturday afternoon my parents came over to see the boys in their costumes. Of course, the boys were more than happy to oblige!
Happy little elephant

Maybe you are thinking, 'Hey, don't I remember an elephant from last Halloween?' You're right, but last year's elephant was much more sullen.
The elephant costume was a little big last year and Jacob was super excited to be an elephant again, so why not, right? You'll probably see it again on Isaac next year. :P
Isaac loved being up in the tree

Jacob, not so much!

Caged monkey

Let me in there!

Isaac found the banana on his costume and decided to give it a little nibble

Tonight we went up and down our block for some trick-or-treat, which the boys thought was fun. Isaac told everyone, 'I'm a monkey' and said, 'Hap Haween'. Cute! Jacob had the whole thing down, 'Trick-or treat', 'Thank-you' and 'Happy Halloween'. They liked passing out the candy to the kids once we got home too (little did they know that it was all the candy they got this weekend. Aren't I a mean Mommy? I did save the M&Ms for them because those are their 'fabrites'). Isaac told everyone again that he was a monkey and also, 'I watch Cifford da dog'. He is not shy at all!
A fun weekend! I know the boys will be disappointed that it is all over. As I was getting him ready for bed, Jacob was telling me that Halloween was NOT over. There was still one more thing.
5 comments:
Wow--Alan really does look like that guy! Great idea! And I totally wish you would've gotten a picture of you in your costume. Bummer. And, silly mom, don't you know elephants don't go in trees? That's why Jacob didn't like it. :)
Oh, they are just the cutest! And Alan totally looks like Adam (we love that show!) I think it's a FANTASTIC idea to pass out the candy they got that night- you are a smart mom!
LOVE Alan's costume! I did recognize the elephant from last year, so thanks for clarifying...I thought I was maybe going crazy. :)
love the costumes, especially Alan's! :)
Okay, I echo my sister :) Alan and Adam look so much alike, and I love the idea to pass out the candy from the night before! I suggested that to the kids, but it's no surprise that the kids didn't go for it. Enjoy getting away with it while they are young and don't keep track of their candy on PAPER! Argh! How is a mother to sneak?
Your boys are very, very cute!!!
Post a Comment