Friday, December 31, 2010

Mike and Jennifer's Wedding

Mike and Jennifer got married on New Year's Eve. What a fun night to get married!
Are you ready for picture overload? You might want to grab a cup of coffee and a snack.

Jacob and Isaac were ring bearers. This was at the rehearsal and from the look on Isaac's face you can see why we had some doubts as to whether he would walk willingly.

This was before the ceremony started. Why do I look so worried when my parents look so happy and at ease?

Look at this handsome ring bearer with his pillow! Jacob was so excited to carry the pillow to Uncle Mike!

My Grandma and uncle came out from MI for the wedding. Oh, and that's our awesome photographer, Mark Leonard, in the background.

This picture is hilarious! I have no idea what they are doing.

Whatever it was, it made Isaac upset.

As you can see, the boys wouldn't walk down the aisle by themselves. Isaac wouldn't let go of Alan and I think once Jacob saw all the people he kinda freaked a little. I saw his big, round as saucer eyes and knew he was nervous. So Alan escorted them down. Hee Hee

This picture cracks me up. Look at Benton holding the bouquet!
On a serious note, I think it was really cool that Benton could marry Mike and Jennifer. We've known Benton for almost 20 years and Mike and Benton's son Brandon have been friends for that long too.

Introducing Mr. and Mrs. Mike Boersen!

On to the reception.....
What a handsome bunch of guys! That's the fedora that I got Alan for Christmas.

What a sweet face!

Isn't this the cutest picture?

The boys thought it was pretty neat that their names were on cards at the table. Isaac carried his around for quite a while, showing everyone, 'It's Isaac's!'

Then he found the disposable camera at our table. That was a HUGE hit!

I think he went up to Mike and Jennifer's table to show them the camera about 50 times.

Here he is getting a little photography lesson from Mark.

He's a bit directionally challenged, just like his mom and Oma. Every time he came down the stairs from visiting Mike and Jennifer, he went the wrong way. Here he is looking for us.

The happy couple arriving to the reception. This picture was taken right before (or after) Jennifer stepped in a drainage vent. She lifted her foot and with it came this two foot long grate. Sorry, Jenn! I just had to write the story down so we never forget!!


Uncle Jeff and Jacob. Funny how neither of them is looking at the camera or even the same way, for that matter.

A little dancin'.....


Not sure who had a bigger smile on her face that night - my mom or Jennifer!


This was so, so sweet! They had a time where people could go up and give toasts and Jeff asked Jacob if he wanted to go up there. Amazingly enough, Jacob said yes and then even spoke into the mic. I was so surprised! Of course Jeff had to help him, but Jacob said in just the sweetest voice, 'Congraduwations, Uncle Mike'. Then after a long pause and lots of whispering from Jeff, Jacob whispered, 'and Auntie Jenn.' Oh, I could just hardly stand the cuteness!

Isaac got super crazy and then just crashed. Jacob couldn't sleep with all the fun going on so we ended up leaving a little early so we could get him to bed.
Couldn't you just eat this little guy up with those squishy rosy cheeks?

Congratulations Mike and Jennifer! We are so happy for you!!

5 comments:

Jill said...

Looks like a great time! I know that Mark had fun.

Two Guys and a Girl said...

What great pictures! Your mom looks like she's on cloud 9, and your new sister-in-law is beautiful! I love that sleeping picture of Isaac, and Jacob looks so grown up!

Ceci said...

Nice pictures!!. I like the picture of your parents :) they look so happy.
It was nice that Jacob can talk in public, and how Isaac went to their table 50 times, that make me laugh.

Brigitte said...

So fun and what an amazing dress!

Sarah Schenkel said...

I love Jennifer's dress--gorgeous! And yes, your mom and dad look so happy. Handsome little ring bearers.