I've heard stories of friends' kiddos who got into their poopy diapers during naptime and proceeded to make a huge mess and was always so thankful that my boys didn't do that. Well, my time has come. Isaac has this sudden fascination with digging in his diaper and we are constantly telling him to get his hands OUT! One morning he pooped before he got out of bed and made a bit of a mess. I was not happy, but that incident didn't even compare to what he did during his naptime that day. I heard him making some noises and just figured he was chatting to himself before falling asleep. When I got him up later I discovered what he was up to - smearing poop EVERYWHERE!! And I mean everywhere. Not to mention that he was caked in it. I was totally disgusted. We didn't want this to ever happen again so I went out at 8:30 that night and bought him a couple of these, thinking that then he couldn't get into his diaper.

WRONG!! A couple days later I went up to get him from his nap and found poop everywhere again!
So now Isaac wears lightweight footie pajamas with the feet cut off (for comfort in the hot weather and because he is too long for his old jammies), the arms cut off and put on backward so he can't unzip them.
Here he is with all the pieces cut off. He thought it was pretty funny!


It works too. Sunday during his nap I hear him calling, 'I can't open it! I can't open it!'. So I went up there and asked him what he can't open. 'My jammies.'
'Do you have a poopy dipe?'
'Yeeeeesssss.'
So yay! We've thwarted his efforts at digging poop out of his diaper!!
2 comments:
Oh man... that is so gross. Ethan took off his diaper at that age and so I used to duct tape it together on him, lol. Silly boys!
That's so gross! Great thinking though, Mom! We do think best in our most desperate moments!
Post a Comment