Friday, October 7, 2011

Highlights from the week

Not that anything terribly exciting happened this week, but I thought I would just hit on some of the highlights of each day just so I can remember in years to come what a typical week for us looked like.

Monday: My mom was kind enough to come early Monday morning on her day off and watch the boys so I could go for a long run. Then we took Jacob for a much-needed haircut, got coffee and a muffin at Auggie's and then headed to music class. It was fun that Jacob could join us since he wasn't in school that day. My mom then took the boys home with her so I could have the afternoon to myself. Do I have a fabulous mom, or what?? I did a little cleaning and a little shopping.

Tuesday: The boys and I went to Baby Boot Camp in the morning, then came home for lunch and naps. In the afternoon we got out the chalk and got really messy drawing trains all over the driveway.
I'm sure we did some of this too.



Wednesday: Isaac and I dropped Jacob off at school, then went on a Target run. That afternoon, Daniella and Eli came over for a little play date. Both Isaac and Eli refused naps that day so it was nice to have a little break from the madness. Although, when those 3 boys get together, there is still plenty of madness! They have way too much fun together!
Daniella brought over some delicious date muffins that I had to hide away in the freezer so I would STOP EATING THEM!
We also did a little falling leaves craft with the boys. Jacob and Isaac were so excited to have them hanging in the window. The pumpkin and cat are crafts they did at BBC on Thursday.


Thursday: I ran to Baby Boot Camp in the morning, did the workout with the ladies, then ran home. My mom came shortly after lunch because I got to have a root canal done! What fun!! It really wasn't that bad, but my tooth is still hurting quite a bit and I'm afraid they may not have done a thorough job. Grrrrr.....

Friday: Isaac and I dropped Jacob off at school, then flew over to the pharmacy to pick up the meds for my tooth before TMOMs. We stayed at TMOMs for about an hour, then had to go to a nursery committee meeting where I spent some time on the phone with the dentist complaining about my tooth. Ha!

Saturday: Jeff, Mike and Jen joined us at the Food Truck Festival and we all had fun tasting all kinds of yummy stuff.
Great Balls on Tires - such good sliders!


We didn't actually eat here, but it was a good photo op.


A foot long lumpia egg roll. This thing was GOOD! Love how the glare off that truck makes it look like the egg roll has a halo.


This dancing dragon was pretty entertaining. We took the picture to show the boys because one of their favorite shows right now is Dragon Tales. We told them this was Ord, the blue dragon.


Crazy motorcycle stunt riders. Crazy!


The boys stayed with my parents and Isaac snagged a Christmas book from my mom. He wanted to bring it outdoors and read it in a chair. Silly!


All week long we have had a little, tiny mouse elude us. We see it every evening, but cannot catch it. We've set out traps but he is too small to set them off. We've watched him stand on the trap and gobble down the peanut butter. Stinker! Now Alan has been trying to catch him using treats and a shoebox, but so far no luck. I am afraid that he can almost be considered a pet since we've been feeding him for over a week and he comes out when we are sitting in plain sight. I am not a mouse person at all, but this guy is actually really cute. Not cute enough to want him living in my house, though!

No comments: