Friday, October 28, 2011

Youch!

Wednesday night while I was out having fun, this is what Isaac did to himself.

He was running full speed and fell flat on his face! Alan said his bottom lip bled and bled and he thought he may have to make a trip to urgent care, but got it under control. When Isaac got up the next morning we could see that he had 2 fat lips, a boo-boo on the bottom lip and one of his top front teeth was knocked back a bit. Oh my, it was ugly!

I took him to the dentist that afternoon and they took x-rays and checked out that top tooth. His dentist didn't seem overly concerned and it is really just a 'wait and see''. We go back in 3 weeks to have a re-check. This was Isaac's first time at the dentist and he did great! He tolerated the x-rays and sat so nicely when the dentist was looking in his mouth. He was so excited to get a balloon and sticker when he left! On the way home I told him I was proud of him and that he did a good job.
'Didn't you do such a good job?'
'No.'
'No?!? What do you mean? I think you did great!'
'I was sad a little' he said in just the saddest little voice.
'You mean when your balloon got stuck in the ceiling fan?'
'No.'
'When you were getting your teeth checked?'
'Yes. I was a little sad.'
Oh, it just broke my heart! I explained to him that it was okay to be a little sad when you have owies and strange people are poking around at your boo-boos. I asked him if he kicked and screamed and wouldn't let them check his mouth and he said no. So then I asked him again if he did a good job.
'Yes. I did a good job.'
Precious boy!
What are we going to do with this accident prone child? I foresee many more boo-boos in his future!

Remember this?

No comments: