Friday night Alan picked up some pizza from Gourmet Pizza Shop and then we watched a movie after putting Jacob to bed. Well, Alan watched it. I fell asleep. :P Saturday morning Alan had graduation and fortunately it didn't rain since it is held outdoors. While he was gone, Jacob and I picked up our produce from the co-op. I was looking forward to some strawberries, but they didn't have them because the crops were destroyed by the hail we got on Thursday. Isn't that sad?
Saturday afternoon my friend, Megan, and her boyfriend, Scott, came for dinner. The plan was to grill and eat outdoors, but it was way too chilly for that so we went to plan B and just did the lamb kabobs and veggies under the broiler. Jacob went to Grandpa and Grandma's so we could have an evening where we could be as loud as we wanted to be. Because ya know we are all just such party animals. Ha Ha! Scott was asking me for some embarrassing Megan stories and I couldn't come up with even one! And I have known Megan for 13 years. Megan was just the instigator and then sat back while the rest of us did the embarrassing stuff. The night brought up lots of stories about me, but none of Megs. I'm still thinking, Scott! :)
Yesterday morning we went to church and then after lunch was nap time for all. Late afternoon we went to the annual Commencement Cooler for champagne and snacks. We took Jacob with us and he was a hit. Everyone thought he was sooooo cute! :) He's at such a fun age with his smiles and giggles and funny noises.
This morning I went for a run after a 2 week hiatus. Oh man! It was like starting from scratch. :P Alan spent the morning digging up and pulling out all the sprinkler lines. Fun job. After Jacob's second nap we went to the park to meet Kristen and Oliver for a playdate. It was sad because it was the last time we will see them before they move to Connecticut on Wednesday. I met Kristen at the prenatal yoga class I went to while I was pregnant. We were due just a couple weeks apart so talked often after class. After the boys were born we kept up the friendship and have been getting together quite a bit. It has been fun to watch the boys grow up from tiny newborns to these mobile, active little guys. We will miss them!
This was taken yesterday. I thought Jacob looked like such a big boy in his jeans and denim shirt.
He loves playing with his barn and all the animals.
2 comments:
Sounds like you had a fun weekend :) Crazy that the strawberries got destroyed from the hail.
He is such a cutie!!!
Post a Comment