Sunday, May 4, 2008

Weekend

We had a fun-filled weekend! It started Friday afternoon with a trip out to the Cabazon outlet mall. Alan and I racked up with some great deals. We didn't get anything for Jacob because he has tons of clothes in the 6-9 month range that we received as gifts. After all that shopping we grabbed some dinner and date shakes at Hadley's. Yum!

Saturday Alan worked hard all morning cutting dead palm fronds off one of the palm trees. He has been on a trimming spree lately. He cut down the 2 trees in the front yard and trimmed one by the road. You should see our driveway! It is full of brush. For lunch we headed over to the Holland Festival at Redlands Christian School and then wandered around looking at everything and visiting with people.

This morning was the Run Through Redlands. I did pretty well (for me), about what I figured. I beat over half the women in my age group, so that's not too bad, I guess. It was fun to run with all the Stroller Strides girls. There were about 15 of us that were in the race. I was really proud of everyone. We all did a great job, especially considering that most of us decided to start training just a month ago. I also saw a ton of people that I know from church, so it was kinda like a big party. My dad and brother Jeff also ran. Next year we need to get my mom, Mike and Alan to run it too. ;)

Photobucket




Alan and Jacob waited for us at the finish line.









For lunch we went over to my parents' to celebrate my mom's birthday. We had chili, cornbread, salad and chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting. Here I am looking a little better than I did right after the race. :P











Here's a picture of Jacob napping in the pack-n-play at Grandpa and Grandma's. He looked pretty comfy!










Jacob is starting to perfect his army crawl. He hasn't gotten up on his knees yet, but he scoots along on his elbows and slithers his legs along behind. Pretty cute. Won't be long and he'll figure out how to do a real crawl.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Way to go! You should feel proud :)

Jill said...

I am so proud of you for running! I am jealous of your discipline. :)