Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Cherry Pickers

Early this morning we all headed out to Beaumont to pick some cherries. There is an organic farm where you can pick your own. We decided to go as soon as we could get ready so we could beat the heat and go before Jacob's morning nap. I think we left at 7:00. Man, I remember the days of getting up at 7:00. Those days are gone, I guess!

Photobucket

Photobucket
Jacob had never had cherries before and couldn't get enough of them once he tried one. He is about to eat one in the picture above. Yummy!

Now I am on the quest for a cherry pitter. I went to 4 places today with no luck! If you know of a place I can get one or have one I can borrow, please let me know! Seriously, I have 7 lbs of cherries and don't relish the thought of pitting them without a pitter.

Our bounty
PhotobucketPhotobucket

1 comment:

TLOdenbaugh said...

I know you posted this a million years ago but I love the look on Jacob's face as he is eating the cherry.... It makes me smile everytime I see it!