Friday, June 20, 2008

This Week

We tried to stay cool this week. Man, was it hot!

On Tuesday we went to a pool party with the Mom2Mom group. The water felt so good and Jacob had a lot of fun swimming. Each time we go he gets more comfortable floating in a pool. He really liked watching the older kids splashing around. He even got splashed in the face a couple times and didn't seem to mind. :P

Thursday afternoon Alan and I took Jacob to a new library in Highland. Their kids' section has a Discovery Zone with a bunch of animals - fish, snakes, chinchillas, birds, etc. Jacob's favorite were the birds, probably because they were the most interactive. They would come right up to the glass and look at us. Jacob watched them very intently and would squawk loudly at them. It was so cute! I guess he gets his love of birds from his Grandpa DeWeerd. He didn't get it from me!

This afternoon Grandpa and Grandma asked if Jacob could come over for a while. So, after his nap Alan and I brought him over and then we went and ran some errands and got some Thai food at Mu. Jacob fell apart the last half hour, but I think he was just tired. I walked in the room and he said, 'AAAAAAAAAAA'. Guess he told me!

He 'told' Homer the other day too. Homer was laying in Jacob's path so Jacob tried to crawl over his legs. It wasn't going as well as he hoped so he looked Homer in the face and went, 'AAAAAAAAAAA!!' Homer picked up his head, looked at Jacob like he was crazy then put his head back down to continue his nap. It is so funny to watch those two together and I am sure it is just going to get funnier!

Jacob has turned the table into his own jungle gym. He loves to climb over the chair stretcher on Alan's chair, then over the table stretcher and then over my chair's stretcher. He does it very quickly at times. It just amazes me!



Some pictures from the week:

He loves these funny glasses!




See food


Jacob loves to look out the window


Side note: I do occasionally put clothes on my baby. I know many of the pics I have posted lately show Jacob in just his diaper. When it is hot it just seems he is more comfy with no clothes. Besides, with diapers as cute as his, you just gotta show them off, right?

No comments: