So today started out fairly normal. Got up, ate some breakfast, Jacob and I went for a run, Alan went and worked in the front yard and then around 9 I put Jacob down for a nap. At about 10 CarMax called to say that the car we had transferred to their store was ready for us to look at. I went out and talked to Alan about when we should go. We decided to leave right after Jacob woke up so Alan worked on finishing up a few things and I hurried inside to finish getting ready. We had lots to do before we left and Jacob would be waking up shortly. I had just finished drying my hair when I hear Alan ask, "Why are there 2 dogs in the backyard?" Homer didn't seem to mind this intruder, but we didn't want any fights so I locked him indoors. This dog had no tags so we weren't sure where he belonged. I was about to call animal control when it dawned on me that it might be the neighbor's two doors down. I heard Jacob babbling in his crib so I grabbed him and went over to their house. Of course they weren't home. Then the dog escaped our yard when Alan opened the gate so he went chasing after it. Between us and the neighbor across the street we managed to get him back in his yard through the hole he dug under the fence. Alan put some bricks in front of his hole in hopes he wouldn't escape again. We still aren't exactly sure how he got in our yard, but there is a small space where the fence bows in and that's where we guess he got in.
Our window for going to CarMax before Jacob's next nap was quickly getting smaller so Alan took a quick shower while I threw together stuff we would need for Jacob and then Alan went to empty out the Stratus. We got on the road right after 11 (a whole hour after this whole deal began) and thankfully we were not far when I remembered to ask Alan if he had the checkbook, 'No'. So we turned around. Then we were at CarMax for an eternity. But we sold the Stratus and got ourselves a 2007 Focus hatchback. And Jacob was wonderful, so it wasn't all bad. I will admit I am a little sad to bid farewell to the Stratus. It was my first brand new car, but Alan hated driving it because it was too low for him to see out of it well. And I do prefer the wagon (also a Focus - hence the title of this post) when transporting Jacob, so it was time for the Stratus to find a new home.
We finally got home at 2:30, over an hour after Jacob was supposed to go down for a nap. He slept about 10 minutes on the way home and apparently he figured that was enough nap because he would not sleep after we got home. He isn't too crabby.....yet.
Here's the new member of our family.
1 comment:
Fun :) Congrats on the new member of your family. Ethan does the same thing with naps... if he falls asleep for a little bit it charges him up enough that he won't take a real nap. I totally know about fitting your entire day around nap schedules!
Post a Comment