Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Random Stuff

Yesterday was a busy day! Jacob and I rushed to the grocery store real quick to pick up a few things before going to decorate gingerbread cookies at 10:00. I really wish Trader Joe's opened at 8:00 instead of 9:00. That would make my life easier some days. So, anyway, we went to West Coast Whoopies to decorate gingerbread cookies with the moms' group. Jacob enjoyed the cookies so much that he ate pieces off the floor. Lovely, huh? They were very yummy, I'll give him that, but I don't think I would eat floor cookies. Before we left I bought this humungous brownie. I swear this thing weighed like 2 pounds! Alan and I ate half last night and it was SO good, better than the whoopie pies, I think. Can't wait to eat the rest of it tonight!

I know you are super impressed by my decorating abilities. Not sure what I was going for there. I was just trying to decorate it quick while keeping an eye on Jacob.


Cookie!


Yesterday afternoon we had Jacob's 15 month well check-up. He is finally over 20 pounds! Barely. He was 20 pounds, 4 ounces and 30 1/4" inches tall. He is still below 5th percentile for weight and in the 10-25th percentile for height. The doctor said he is doing fine and was pleased with everything I told her about his development. He had to get 3 shots, which were no fun, but he did pretty well. He only cried for 30 seconds or so and then was done.

While I was getting lunch ready yesterday, Jacob discovered that getting in this box was super fun! It didn't look too comfortable to me since there are pans in it, but he enjoyed it, so we just went with it.





Finally a belly shot! This was taken at 26 weeks. I think I forgot to mention that at my last OB appointment I was told that all looked fine on the ultrasound. Good news!



Here are just some random pictures that were taken last week.

Jacob recently figured out how to get on the couch. Not good! As you can see, he tries to get up on the arm. He also likes to walk on the couch. Danger Baby!


We thought maybe if we put couch pillows on the floor he would play on those instead. Ha HA!



The boys hanging out on the couch together



Jacob's newest obsession is pulling things around. He loves this frog! Don't you love how he pulls it with the string between his legs?



Jacob loves to help me wash the greens. He thinks the Salad Spinner is so cool!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Something in this post reminded me of your baby shower at your Mom's house. Can you figure out what it is? Hint - we laughed a lot.

Patty said...

Hey, are you equating my gingerbread man with the ducky cupcakes?? Okay, but at least I don't claim to be a professional decorator and I am not in the least bit proud of my hideous creation! :P
Those ducky cupcakes still crack me up.

Jessica said...

The ducky cupcakes still crack me up too! Those were classic :)