Alan had Wednesday off so we just spent the day cooking and doing stuff around the house. I made cranberry sauce, an apple caramel pie and did some prep for the stuffing. Jacob and I were in our sweats all day. ;P I love days like that!
Thursday we headed over to my parents' to spend the day with my family. Jacob had a ton of fun playing with his uncles. Jeff pushed him in the swing for such a long time that Jacob got sea legs. He couldn't walk straight after getting out! He also enjoyed his first Thanksgiving feast. He especially loved the sweet potato casserole that grandma made! It was a nice, relaxing day and of course we ate way too much! I used the turkey bones to make some stock and plan to use some later this week to make turkey soup. I stuck some of the leftover meat in the freezer so we wouldn't get too turkey-ed out!
Friday my mom and I went to the baby boutique here in town to get some good deals. I got a few cloth diapers for the new baby at a really good price and my mom bought some new shoes for Jacob for Christmas. They are so cute! We tried them on in the store and had Jacob try to walk in them. He sort of clomped around like he had clown feet. It was hilarious! He is used to his soft-soled Robees and the new ones have hard soles. It will take some getting used to, I guess. He did the same thing with his Robees and quickly got used to wearing those, so I am sure he'll get used to these too.
On Saturday we went for a long walk with Homer and then after Jacob's snack went up to Oak Glen. The Apple Butter Festival was going on up there that day so it was interesting. They had demonstrations on making apple butter, candles and cider. Jacob had a lot of fun watching all the people and checking out all the stuff like a giant saw. We saw a couple horses and he wasn't so sure about getting too close to them. He would touch one and then turn away quickly. We tried to go to the petting zoo, but it wasn't open in time. We needed to get home and get Jacob down for a nap. Ah well. Maybe next time. While we were up there we bought some pumpkin butter and honeycrisp apples. Those are my favorite!
On Sunday we celebrated our friend Maddie's first birthday. Jacob had a blast playing with all his friends! Between that and playing in the nursery during the morning and evening services, he did a lot of playing that day! He was wiped out by bedtime. I think he was asleep before I even left the room.
Now it is back to the ole grind. Alan is finishing up his semester this week, so things are pretty hectic. This is the last full week of classes and then next week he just teaches one class on Monday and gives his exam on Thursday. Crazy how this semester just flew by! Next semester he has a reduced load due to the baby coming, so things will be a little more low key. This semester was a busy one with Alan teaching labs 4 afternoons a week. I am looking forward to him having a more flexible schedule. It will really be nice with us trying to get things settled with the new house. :)
1 comment:
I love the picture of Jacob sitting in that chair in Oak glen... too cute! Glad you guys had a nice Thanksgiving :)
Post a Comment