While Isaac napped, my mom and Jacob played with Play-Do. This was Jacob's first experience with the stuff and as soon as my mom plopped the bright orange dough in front of him, he snatched it up, yelled, 'CHEESE!' and promptly stuck it in his mouth. It must not have tasted too bad because she said he kept sneaking little bites while they played.
Later as I was cleaning I could hear that Jacob was saying something my mom couldn't understand, so I went over to translate. I thought he was saying, 'play', but then I noticed his hands. He was folding them like he does when we pray. He wanted my mom to pray over his Play-Do!! I tried so, so hard not to laugh too hard, but it was so funny! Where did he come up with that? I guess because he was eating it??? He kept insisting, so my mom said a little prayer over the dough.
Oh, my precious little Jacob!
3 comments:
I always love your stories, Patty. Aliyah just had her first experience with play-dough, too, here in Kalamazoo at Grandma's. I might have to get some for us to play with back in Redlands.
Love it!!
Best advice for playdough is use a table cloth that is plastic on non carpeted surfaces. Durring spring and summer its a great outside on the picnic table toy
Post a Comment