First stop was the restroom! With three potty training toddlers, we made lots of trips there!
Next stop: the water table. Jacob was in heaven!!
Trying out some crutches in the medical center. Notice how wet Jacob's shirt is. He loved splashing in that water!

In his hospital gown.

Is the disgusted face because he is holding a stomach and esophagus or because he was getting sick of wearing the gown?

Love this picture of Jill 'listening' to Jacob's heart! When I ask Jacob about the picture he says 'Mrs. Leonard is checking my hawrt.'

Maddie and Jacob are 'fighter-fighters' (as Jacob calls them)



Riding in the Jeep with Aliyah. This picture reminds me of the book 'Sheep in a Jeep' when the driver sheep forgets to steer. Aliyah isn't even looking where she is going!!

Jacob hoeing in the garden. Of course, this was one of his favorite areas!

Back to the water table!
There was this little hole where the kids could come up in the middle of the water table, but Jacob was kinda short for it.
This is one of my favorite pictures from the day. He LOVED those ruckie duckies (as he calls them).


This was another one of Jacob's favorite spots. Tons of trucks and building blocks - every boys dream!
First he had to line up all the little trucks.

Then he spotted this monster! 'WOW!!', he yelled.

There were these cool interlocking pieces of wood and we built a big house and a little house. Then Jacob took all the extra pieces out of the bins and proceeded to put them all in the big house.

See the empty bins? Those were full before Jacob came along.

Back to the garden to do some digging.

Making a picture with chalk in the art studio.

Dancing with Aliyah

Attempt at a group shot before we went home.
And the sign of a fun day: a good snooze on the car ride home!

It was so interesting to me to see how each of the kids liked different things. Jacob would NOT go into the grocery store, but the girls loved it! He likes going to the real grocery store and loves playing with his pretend food at home, so I'm not sure what the deal was. I tried a few times, but each time he would dig his heels in and say, 'I'm fine. I'm fine.' which means that he is not fine. Maddie was LOVING the stage where she could dress up and dance around. Jacob wanted NOTHING to do with that. While we were sitting on the benches watching Maddie, I asked Jacob if he wanted to go up there. He said, 'No' and started playing with the skin between my thumb and index finger, his sign that he is nervous. That didn't surprise me though. ;)
Fortunately, the little ones did great for my mom and even all napped at the same time - twice! Thank you, thank you for taking them, Mom!! It was so much easier and enjoyable to just take the older kiddos.
Here are the littles eating their lunch. Notice how Livy and Isaac are both eyeing Mackenzie's tray. She must have had some good stuff for lunch!

I'll say it again: What a fun day!!
3 comments:
Ok! Now I just have to go...if you all go back call me. I want to visit Pretend CITY :)
It was a fun day. Sarah and I both agreed that the best quote of the day was Jacob's: "What are we doing?" He just makes me laugh!!
Great job capturing a fun day. I love how Jacob's shirt is wet the ENTIRE time. I, too, loved how each kid had different favorites. I think Aliyah could've stayed in the grocery store or the art studio for longer if I let her. And yes, THANK YOU to Carolyn for watching the young'ns. I love that picture of the three of them!
Post a Comment