Monday, January 24, 2011

Bakers

Jacob and Isaac love to help me bake! If I ask them if they want to help me this is usually the conversation that follows.
Jacob: Do we need eggs, Mom?
Me: Yes!
Jacob: Can I put them in the bowl?
Me: Of course! You can do one and Isaac can do one.
Isaac: I do the salta (that's what he calls it - not sure where that 'A' at the end came from)
Me: Sure, Isaac! What else?
Isaac: Soda! (baking soda)
Jacob: And powder! (baking powder)
Jacob: Can I help now, Mom?
Me: Yes, Jacob. Just a minute while I get a few things out.
Jacob: Can I help now, Mom?
Me: Yes, Jacob. Please be patient, okay?
Jacob: Can I help now, Mom?

You get the picture! Things get a little hectic and a lot messy when they help me, but I love that they love it and that they are learning the ingredients needed for baking.

The other day we were going to make muffins for a play date and I thought it would be cute if I tied my aprons on them.
Then I tried to take a picture of the two of them wearing the aprons. They were so cute!
Not sure what they were looking at, but it was obviously more interesting than me with a camera.


Now they aren't even looking at the same thing, but still not looking at me either.


Oh! I got one to look at me!


They loved wearing these aprons so much. They wore them long after we were done baking.

No comments: