Friday, January 28, 2011

Finished at LAST!

So, remember that mystery crochet a-long I mentioned waaaaaay back in September? I FINALLY finished the afghan last night!! The last clue for the project was given in December, but with other projects (baby blankets, Advent mittens) I got a little behind. Its just for us so there was no hurry.



I actually didn't follow their clues exactly. I omitted one of the square patterns, a striped one that I didn't think flowed with the whole layout. I just made more of a couple of the other square patterns. I also didn't do the flower pattern like theirs. Theirs was a 3D flower and I didn't think it would stand the test of time like a flat one would. I also thought it was a little too girlie for my boy-heavy home. I found a pattern elsewhere and Jacob thought they were stars so I went with that one instead.


Anyway, that was a whole lot of blah blah about stuff probably only I care about. It was a fun project and got me out of my comfort zone of doing baby blankets all the time and I also learned a few tips and tricks from the other ladies doing the project.

1 comment:

Two Guys and a Girl said...

Patty, it looks amazing! Great job!!