We were surprised at the age of the crowd. We weren't the youngest, but we certainly didn't drive the average age up either. There was even a couple who had to be at least 70. Because it was his birthday, Alan won a pair of tickets for another Spike and Mike show this coming weekend. Funny thing is that Jeff, Mike and Jennifer went to the show on Saturday and Mike and Jennifer won tickets too!
After the show we headed over to Time in a Bottle for some dessert and wine. They have these super comfy leather couches to lounge on while you sip your wine. So relaxing!
On Sunday we all went over to my parents' to celebrate Alan and my dad's birthdays. It was a super gorgeous day so we ate our grilled salmon outdoors. It was actually pretty warm and those facing the sun needed hats so Jacob went with my mom to choose some from my dad's collection.
This was the first family get-together after Mike and Jennifer got married and look what Jennifer does! She falls asleep. Guess she is comfortable letting us know how boring we are. Oh, just kidding! We were all just in food comas after eating so much good food.

The boys were convinced we should make a Thomas cake for Daddy and Boppa, but I made a chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting instead (no Thomas decoration). It was SO GOOD, if I do say so myself. The frosting wasn't super sweet and used as much peanut butter as sugar so it had a bit of a salty/sweet taste. Oh my!
Notice how on some of the peanut butter cups you can see the peanut butter? That's cheap candy for ya! Next time I'll buy Reese's!
Right before we ate cake, Jacob and my dad were playing hide-n-seek and when they came back we were all sitting at the table and jokingly told Jacob that we already ate cake.
This is the reaction we got. OOPS! He was SO sad.

Shoving his mouth full of cake.

Here's my silly little Isaac!
And my mama - you should have seen the face she pulled at me before I took her picture! :P
I wish I had taken Alan's picture when he opened one of the gifts from my parents. They gave him a gift certificate to a seed company, but my mom put the catalogue on the top. When Alan opened it, his face looked like, 'Why in the world are they giving me a catalogue? I get these free in the mail ALL THE TIME?' I made him re-enact it, but it just wasn't the same.
Happy birthday, Alan and Dad!
No comments:
Post a Comment