Sometimes the first thing Isaac says from his crib in the morning, is 'Toby! Toby! I want Toby!' or whatever the train of choice is that day. Sometimes it Salty, sometimes it's Gordon, sometimes its Henry and we don't even own a Henry! Yikes.
Today we declared a 'No train day' - no trains, no track. I thought it would be relatively easy since the boys went over to spend the afternoon and evening with my mom and dad and we left to run errands before 9:00, but there were some moments in those couple hours that I thought Isaac may lose it. He cried the whole way to the post office, 'Rosie! Rosie! Rosie!' I told the boys that the trains were on vacation, chuffing around in Hawaii. Some days after I have put the track together for the 500th time, I wish I were chuffing around in Hawaii.
I do like the trains, really I do. When Isaac is napping, Jacob will quietly play and play and play with the track. I love listening to the stories he makes up about them too. It is just so precious!
I'm pretty sure Isaac is telling Jacob to stay away from his horde of trains.
Just a sidenote: we didn't buy all these trains for the kiddos. They are on borrow from the Leonards who got them as a hand-me-down. Their girls aren't into trains as much as Jacob and Isaac so we are using them for the time being. So nice to have generous friends!
They love to line them up!
On the floor
on the windowsill
Even when we play with Legos we have to make a shed for the trains to sleep in.
Choo! Choo!
No comments:
Post a Comment