Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011 Highlights

2011 was certainly filled with its ups and downs, but here on this last day of the year, I am going to focus on all the good stuff. Beware! This post is long. I thought I could just post a few pics, but as I went along, I realized there are lots of fun pictures and memories.

Family get-togethers were definitely one of the highlights. I love having family nearby!
Isaac and Mike's birthday celebration

Easter




Father's Day



Jacob and Jen's birthdays

Thanksgiving

Christmas


Our trip to CO this summer was so much fun! The boys still talk about our 'new house' and the fun things we did in CO with Uncle Randall, Lila and Sam.





Jacob's race in the Redlands Bicycle Classic was especially entertaining!


I ran my first 10K

Won my first medal (3rd place)

And ran my first half marathon

I never thought running would be such a big part of my life, but this year it really has become something that I enjoy.
Along with that has been all the fun I had at Baby Boot Camp. I have met some really awesome ladies and have learned a lot about being a mom and staying fit. In April I participated in the Mother Love Challenge, lost 20 lbs and have kept it off.
We had some really fun mom's nights out!


Our new chickies - Annie, Clarabel, Olive and Camellia


Alan and I had a wonderful trip to Paso Robles to celebrate our 8th anniversary! It was so nice to spend so much alone time together since on a normal basis it is hard to get a decent conversation in with all the day to day craziness.


Swimming lessons! The boys had sooooo much fun!!


Jacob started preK. Can't believe I have a big boy in school already! He love, love, loves school!


Fun outdoors - we love our backyard!








Fun outings

The zoo


Hiking



The zoo again


Food truck festival

twice


Pumpkin patch with Isaac and Baby Boot Camp


Pumpkin patch with jacob and his class


Costume parade at the retirement village




Fun with Boppa and Oma. The boys just absolutely love to go hang out with Boppa and Oma. Isaac told me the other day that Boppa and Oma's was his favorite house to go to! We are blessed, that is for sure!







Happy New Year!
Can't wait to see what fun 2012 brings!!

No comments: