Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas Eve

We spent Christmas Eve with my family, beginning with a delicious brunch. On the menu this year: waffles, ham and yogurt with pumpkin granola and fruit. I think Jacob and Isaac would have just eaten a ton of ham if we had let them!

My dad read a Christmas story to the boys before we opened gifts.

Let the gift opening begin! Jacob and Isaac were soooooo excited! As Jacob opened his gifts he made this sound like he was about to hyperventilate. He just couldn't contain his excitement!

Jen got something good!

Can you see how bunchy the wrapping paper on this gift is? Its a little hard to see, but we all sure got a laugh. Can you guess who wrapped it? It wasn't me! My wrapping is bad, but not quite on this level.


This is the jewelry tree that my mom bought for me to give to her. She saw it and liked it so bought it since there were only a couple left. Then, since there were 3 trees and I really needed something for all my bracelets and necklaces, my mom gave me one of them. That's how we roll in this family!

Dad opening the photo desk calendar that I made for him. I always make my mom a wall calendar for home and my dad a desk calendar for school, using photos from the previous year.

The Christmas elves


The boys had so much fun playing with all their new toys.




I was so, so excited when I opened the gift from Alan and the boys. Alan was a stinker and wrapped each of these boxes inside each other so it took me an eternity to find my gift.

A Mother's ring! Obviously this is a fake. We picked out the real one yesterday and it should be in sometime next week. I can't wait!

I think Alan was pretty stoked to receive the gift from the boys and I, too. We got him a coffee roaster so he can roast his own beans. He ordered that yesterday and it should be here next week. Can't wait to drink some gourmet lattes made by Alan, my own personal barista!

Later that afternoon we all dug into the Jesus birthday cake. This year I made a Kentucky butter cake that I must say was super delicious!
Jeff doesn't like sweets all that much (gasp) and drinks coffee less often than he eats sweets so to see him eating cake AND drinking coffee was a Christmas miracle!


We had such a nice day! Christmas is so fun when you get to see the pure joy on the faces of little kids.

No comments: