Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas

On Christmas morning the boys came downstairs to find the tree all lit up and presents under the tree. They were pretty excited that they got to open MORE gifts! These were from Alan's brother Randall and our niece Lila and nephew Sam.


Can you just see how excited Isaac was about his new stuffed owl? Oh my!

Lila has a stuffed owl that she brought on our CO vacation last summer. Isaac kept stealing it from her so now he has his own. He named him waffle. I am sure that was because we had waffles that morning. I'm thinking that if we had pancakes Christmas morning, the owl's name would be Pancake. Good thing we didn't have raisin bran like we usually do!

Jacob got a stuffed Black Lab that he named 'Little Homer'

Little Homer meeting big Homer.


This year we had the boys pick out gifts for each other, just so they would get the idea that Christmas is about giving, not receiving.
Jacob loved the police airplanes that Isaac got for him!


Isaac was so excited to get the Lightning McQueen lift and flap book from big brother!




More gifts from Randall, Lila and Sam! I think they like them!!




Then we opened stockings.
Wow. Jacob looks so thrilled.



That's better!



I tried to get a picture of the boys wearing the new hats I made for them, but Isaac wasn't having it. You can see Alan's hands prodding him forward and Isaac's mouth saying, 'Nooooooo'


We had leftover waffles for breakfast (I made way too many for Christmas Eve) and then went to church. While Isaac napped after lunch, Alan put the trampoline together and then my parents came over to watch the jump fest.
They bounced on that thing way longer than I thought they might. Wish I had that much energy!



After the boys tired of bouncing and it started getting chilly outdoors, we all headed inside for a tamale dinner and Alan made peppermint icecream for dessert. Yum!

No comments: