Friday, September 19, 2008

Another Unwed Mother

I keep forgetting to post this story.

A few weeks ago I was at Gerrard's with Jacob picking up a few groceries. We were in the produce section when a couple older ladies came over to ooh and aah over Jacob. After they walked away I heard one of them say to the other (rather loudly), "Another unwed mother!' I was ticked! Maybe it was the pregnancy hormones coursing through my veins or something, but I walked over there and asked her if she was talking about me. She froze! I explained to her that when I was pregnant, my wedding ring got too tight and I hadn't gotten it resized yet, but I am in fact married. She blubbered through an apology. I think she was so shocked that I confronted her. I am pretty sure she will never make that assumption again! (Good thing I hadn't really started showing with this pregnancy or she would have been really appalled! )

I was reminded of this story today because I picked up my re-sized wedding ring this afternoon. Ha Ha! I decided to bring it in after this encounter. Not that I care what a couple of old biddies think, but it was just incentive for me to get done what I had been putting off. Guess I was just hoping that my finger would shrink back down, but even weighing 10 lbs less than I did pre-pregnancy with Jacob, it still didn't fit! :P

Now I've got my deflector ring to ward off the old biddies!
KAPOW!

3 comments:

Julie said...

seriously! I'd be ticked too. I don't know if I'd be able to say anything, but I'd hope I would.

Jessica said...

haha, I love it! I'm so glad you said something :) I probably wouldn't have. I actually FINALLY took my ring in to be re-sized on Tuesday. It hasn't fit well for like 3 years. It does feel weird to be out and about without it.

Mark Leonard said...

That is awesome! Great story!