This was a busy weekend, but full of fun things. :)
Friday night was Bunco night. I didn't win anything, but I rarely do so no surprise there! We had a big group and had lots of fun and lots of yummy snacks. A pregnant girl's paradise. :P
Saturday morning I picked up my organic produce and then after Jacob got up from his nap Alan and I brought him over to my parents' so we could go shopping for a new washer and dryer. Before we hit the stores we had some lunch at Panera Bread. Super Yummy! We actually only ended up going to Lowes and found what we wanted so it wasn't horrid. I was not looking forward to hours of going from store to store. Ugh. They delivered my new washer and dryer this morning, but the dryer isn't hooked up yet so I have to wait to use my new things. :P They claim the washer will fit a comforter. If it does I will be happier than happy because I absolutely loathe going to the laundromat to wash it. The dryer has a steamer which is supposed to cut down on ironing. Can't wait to try out all the features!
After Jacob's afternoon nap, we headed out to Rancho Cucamonga for a house warming party for one of Alan's colleagues. It was such a beautiful afternoon! I even got chilly in the evening. I hadn't had that sensation for months! Jacob was a super good boy and a couple people said he was the most content baby they had ever met and asked if he was always that well behaved. (Too bad they didn't see him yesterday early evening and this morning. CRABBY!) There was a little girl at the party who is about 2 and she winked at Jacob. It was so cute! He's already got the girls after him!
Sunday morning we went to church. Alan had to take offering so he walked to church and Jacob and came later after Jacob got up from his nap. For lunch we went to a picnic at Sylvan Park for the faculty families. It was fun to meet new people and their kiddos. They are trying to do more family friendly activities for Faculty Club now that there are quite a few faculty who have kids. Jacob had a lot of fun swinging and watching the other kids play. We brought his lion and he and another little boy about his age had fun pushing it around.
Jacob absolutely loves pushing that lion around! We brought it outdoors the other day and let him push it up and down the sidewalk. He had a blast! And yesterday when he was getting cranky, we just took him outdoors with the lion and he was a happy camper again. I love that it is getting cooler again so we can spend more time outdoors.
1 comment:
it's amazing how just a slight change in scenery can affect a kid's mood!
Post a Comment