Friday, September 26, 2008

Car Seat Safety

I have heard a lot of talk about car seats lately and about when its okay to turn your child to forward-facing. You can turn your child to face forward after they reach one year and 20 pounds, but that is the minimum. It is best to keep your child rear-facing as long as possible. We have a Britax Boulevard and the weight limit for rear-facing is 35 pounds. I plan to keep Jacob rear-facing until he reaches that limit. He may be 3 years old before he hits that, but that's okay. :P I have heard parents say that they will turn their child to forward-facing as soon as they can because of the comfort issue and so they can see better out the window. I would rather have Jacob be a little uncomfy than have a broken neck.

I ran across this video today and decided I should post this for all the parents out there who are wondering when to turn their child to forward-facing and to encourage you to keep your kids rear-facing as long as possible.




Check out this website. It gives all the reasons why rear-facing is best.
http://www.car-safety.org/rearface.html

No comments: