Thursday, September 25, 2008

Baby Picasso (or future chimney sweep?)

A while back I came across a homemade finger paint recipe and decided to give it a try today. I got everything set up while Jacob napped and after he got up, I stripped him down and we headed outdoors to do some painting. It was hilarious! Jacob had so much fun getting messy. I am so glad I took off all his clothes and put him in a disposable diaper! Also glad the paint was edible because he just couldn't resist shoving his paint-laden hand in his mouth.



mmmmm......paper


Look at his legs and mouth. Its all over his diaper too. Paint everywhere!


Here are our creations. I know you all are super jealous of my spectacular painting!


After the painting, I plopped Jacob right in the bath and then we headed outdoors to walk the lion. Our street is on a slight incline so he struggles to push it uphill, but flies downhill. He little legs almost get away from him. He did take a tumble today. He did a complete roll around. I thought he would cry, but he just got right back up and started pushing the lion again.

The neighbor came over with their new dog and Jacob wasn't quite sure about Shadow. Funny because this dog is tiny, like the size of a large cat. Jacob isn't afraid at all of big ole Homer, but when a little dog comes close he gets a little panicky. He was making yelling noises, but it was hard to tell if he was truly scared or just excited. Maybe a little of both. :)

After lunch I was doing a few things around the house while Jacob played in the living room. He has been obsessed with the fireplace lately and this is what I found.



I think we may need to find a fireplace screen that sits closer to the wall so he can't get in there. Notice how he is licking the fireplace screen and his one hand is all sooty.

The other day while I was cooking dinner he managed to wedge himself between the fridge and the wall. Its a pretty wide space but he had to squeeze past the step stool to get back there. He started making noises because he couldn't figure out to get back out and at first I couldn't figure out where he was. He is always making me laugh. Even when he does things he shouldn't, it still cracks me up.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

haha, that's awesome with the finger paints, he looks very proud :) He looks happy to be playing in the fireplace as well.

Jill said...

That last picture is the best! The ceramics thing was lots of fun tonight.

Steven, Sara, Zachary and Andrew said...

You've got to send me how to make the finger paint! I think Zach would love that!!