On Monday I had another OB appointment. Everything is looking good. I go back in 2 weeks and then after that I start my weekly appointments! This baby is going to be here before we know it! Guess we need to decide on a name soon, huh? I just keep thinking I have tons of time because Jacob arrived after my due date, but what if this little guy decides to come early??
This week the tile company came and put in the new tile floor in the upstairs bathroom. I'll post pictures later of the before and after. They just finished this morning and it is still wet and looks kinda funny. Big improvement, though! Next week the plumbers come and convert the tub into a shower and Alan will install the new fixtures. After that the only thing we need to do before moving in is paint a couple rooms. Almost there! I am getting pretty excited to move in. :)
We have been getting tons of deliveries this week! The UPS carrier is probably burned out on coming here. One day there were 5 boxes on our porch! I don't even want to see our credit card bill this month! EEK. YAY for Amazon rewards, though. :D
One of those packages was Jacob's new kitchen. There is a nook in our kitchen that we were trying to decide how to fill. I thought that since Jacob loves all things kitchen (wooden spoons, the potato masher), we should get him his own. Alan put it together yesterday afternoon and this morning while Jacob and I waited for the tile guys to finish up, he got to play with it. I think it's a hit and it will be nice for him to have something to play with while I do my thing in the kitchen. I love that it is wooden and a boyish blue. So many of them out there are pink :P The funniest thing is that this kitchen comes with a little potato masher.
Jacob has been napping like a champ and he has been sleeping in until 6:00 or after most mornings. Yesterday morning he woke up at 5:15, so I just put him down for his nap a little early and he slept for 2 1/2 hours. Fabulous!
This afternoon we are going on the hunt for a bunch of things we still need to get before we move in - a gate for the top of the stairs, a new backdoor and dog door, shades and fan for the boys' room. Nothing exciting, but all necessary. Sometime this weekend we need to go out to Riverside and pick up the baby's furniture. We can't set up their room yet because the ceiling is being re-plastered (it had a weird texture on it that we didn't like) and the room painted, but at least we can get the furniture in the garage so it is ready when we are.
4 comments:
I love that little kitchen! Especially since it's not pink - where did you find it? Zach loves kitchen things too!
I got it from Target.com. :)
I stopped in a few days ago but you weren't around! I'll keep trying. That is so much better than a Little Tikes plastic thingy.
That kitchen set is so cute!
Post a Comment