Monday, January 26, 2009

Weekend Highlights

Friday afternoon and evening we got a ton accomplished. We went to Lowes and Home Depot and got a bunch of little stuff that we still needed for the house. Well, some of it was bigger, like a ceiling fan for the boys' room. Everyone was getting hungry after those two stops, so we went to Red Robin for dinner. Jacob was too distracted to eat! :P There were (as always at Red Robin) a ton of kids to watch and the waiters sang 'Happy Birthday' to like 5 people. Jacob enjoyed clapping along. After dinner we went to Babies R Us to get a safety gate for the top of the stairs and then headed over to the new house to drop off all our loot.

Saturday Alan spent much of the day installing all the stuff we bought Friday night. :) My mom came over in the morning to see Jacob and then offered to stay with him while I went to pick up my produce and go to the grocery store for a couple things. Errands are always 11 times faster when I can go by myself, so that was nice.

Saturday night was ROUGH! Jacob woke up at 12:30 and would not go back to sleep. At 2:00 Alan finally got him to sleep, but then at 2:30 (just when I was drifting back to dreamland), he woke up again! We have no clue what the problem was. We tried a little cry it out, but all that succeeded in doing was getting him riled up so he wouldn't even lay with me on the couch. He was so tired that he would nod off while sitting up. I think it was 4:30 before he finally lay down and fell asleep for good. I didn't dare move him so we stayed on the couch. Not the most comfortable for a big ole pregnant girl! At 6:15 Jacob woke up and I could feel that his diaper was all twisted. He wears an overnight disposable at night and when I went to change it, all the inner gel junk fell out the top. It was a mess! Fortunately he had just gone potty!! I still don't know what the deal was with him being awake for 4 hours. He was happy as ever after he got up! Alan and I were exhausted, though! Fortunately Jacob took a nice nap so we could get some rest too.

No pictures of the newly tiled bathroom yet. We are making them come back and fix the grout that they didn't do a very good job on. It wasn't awful, and we don't expect perfection, but we expected better and paid them good money to do a nice job.

This morning Jacob had everyone at Trader Joes gathered around and laughing (they weren't that busy). We go there every week and all the female checkers say he is 'their little cutie'. :D Today I had him show how he does 'touchdown'. If you say 'touchdown', he'll raise his arms in the air. Alan taught him that one and it's pretty stinkin' cute. I'll have to get a video of him doing it.

Oh my! As I am typing this, Jacob and Homer are in the kitchen doing who knows what. I can hear Jacob running around and laughing hysterically. I am sure he is doing something to Homer. I should get the video camera and tape it, but by the time I do, the moment will be over and once Jacob spots me with the camera, all his focus will be on that. Last night he was all hysterical too. Alan and I were just cracking up!

No comments: