Saturday morning my mom called and offered to take Jacob for the day so I could get some stuff done. Since Jacob hasn't been napping well this past week, I didn't get much accomplished. I dropped him off at 11:00 and they fed him lunch and put him down for a nap. He wouldn't nap in the pack-n-play for them, but did end up sleeping for a couple hours snuggled up with Grandma on the recliner. What a stinker! He had a great time playing, though and it was so nice for me to be able to get some stuff done around the house. I got things straightened up and all the floors mopped. Thank you mom and dad!
Alan worked at the house for a while before lunch and then after lunch he went to an antique auction to bid on a couple things. We got a lamp and an oak frame. We are going to get a mirror for the frame and hang it in the hallway.
I love this lamp and we got a great deal on it! There weren't many people at the auction and things were going for cheap.
After Alan got back from the auction we went and picked up our new barstools. I think it will be nice when the boys are older and they can eat their lunch there. And Alan is already dreaming of Saturday morning pancake breakfasts eaten at the counter.
We ventured upstairs to check out the newly refinished wood floors. I think they look great and am so glad we did it!
The hallway ~ this was already finished wood, but we had them refinish it so it all matches nicely.
The boys' room
Our bedroom
Today we went over to my parents' to celebrate my dad and Alan's birthdays. The weather was so nice we ate outdoors. We even had to come inside because it was hot in the sun. I did get Jacob to nap too, so that was wonderful. I just held him until he was asleep and just prayed he wouldn't wake up when I laid him in the pack-n-play. He did open his eyes, but rolled over and went to sleep. Whew! He only slept for an hour, though, so he is going to bed early tonight. Right now he is laying on Alan almost asleep. I hope he naps better this week! Last week was no picnic. :P
Yesterday Jacob watched Grandpa watering the flowers and decided he wanted to try too. He did a really good job! It was so cute. Unfortunately, he ruined Grandma's watering can. She tried to use it this morning and it leaks now after Jacob bashed it around yesterday.
1 comment:
Wow, how great... you guys have a gardener for your new place! haha
Post a Comment