Isaac is having fun crawling (army style) all around and has now started trying to pull up on things. He's kinda dangerous! The other day the kiddie couch was folded out like a bed and he crawled up on it and right over the arm. He just laid there in a bit of a daze.
He likes to climb through the bottom of the exersaucer
Peek-a-boo!
Hmmm.....pulling up on things that can roll does not seem like a good idea
On Sunday my dad and brothers came over for lunch and then helped Alan heft the china hutch onto the sideboard. (My mom is in MI. We didn't just exclude her from the festivities) In our old house we just had the sideboard because it was under a big window. When we moved here we bought the hutch because the sideboard is on a huge wall. Its been sitting in its box for a long time, but now it is up and I love it! It also freed up a bunch of space in my kitchen cupboards because all the stuff that is now in the hutch was in boxes in various kitchen cabinets.
Jacob is cracking us up on a daily basis. Probably more like an hourly basis. Two things I hear repeatedly throughout the day are 'Uncle Mike' and 'Daddy's helmite' (helmet). Alan rides his bike to work every day and Jacob sees him wear his helmet, but he doesn't just say it when he sees Alan with his helmet on. Randomly he'll just say, 'Daddy's helmite'. Same with 'Uncle Mike'. He doesn't say it after he has seen my brother. He just says it all the time. Take yesterday for example. A couple Mormons came to the door and after they left, Jacob said, 'Uncle Mike'. Then we were watching Sesame Street and there were these dancers wearing yellow unitards and Jacob said, 'Uncle Mike'. Mike is not a Mormon, nor does he wear a yellow unitard (or any color, for that matter). So funny!
He calls my broom/sweeper thing 'Mama's rake' and Alan's lattes are 'Daddy's milk'. He also likes to talk a lot about people being 'night-night' and things outside socco (soccer) ball outside, Homey outside, bawk-bawk outside (chickens), Daddy outside, etc, etc. One night after I put him to bed he said, "Homey outside. Homey outside. Homey outside.' for about 20 minutes. I was very tempted to turn the monitor off because it was driving me batty, but I was good and just kept ironing and trying to block it out.
No pictures of Jacob. I was going to take a picture of him in the necklace we made today, but I had to take it away before I could take a picture because he tried to strangle Isaac with it. He made a necklace in playgroup after Baby Boot Camp the other day and loved it, but it was made of pasta and he broke the pasta apart so I had to throw it away. I bought some cool wooden beads at the craft shop today and we made the necklace after his nap, but now it may just get packed away to play with when he no longer feels the need to use it as a weapon.
No comments:
Post a Comment