That morning when we all got up at the crack of dawn we realized that it was very smoky in the house due to the fires so we shut everything up tight and prepared for a long, hot afternoon. We don't have air conditioning, just a swamp cooler which we couldn't run because it just sucked in the smoky air. It got pretty miserable so after naps I had the boys just play in the tub. Remember 'Bath time Bomb'? Well, I decided to just try the boys in the tub together again, this time nixing the baby tub. They both loved it! Isaac did so well just sitting in the tub like a big boy. He sat in there for at least a half hour and Jacob was in there for almost an hour!
Here's what happens when you don't get a good night's sleep
I was putting Isaac down for his nap and was a bit concerned that I wasn't hearing any noise coming from Jacob downstairs. I came downstairs and found him sacked out on his couch. This was an hour before he would normally go down for a nap. He woke up when I came downstairs and I asked him if he wanted to go in his bed, but he said, 'No'. He get all testy when I came near him because he knew I would try to take him to his room, so I decided to just let him be and see what happened. He slept there for 2 hours!
In the evening it seemed less smoky outdoors so we turned on the swamp cooler for a while to give us some relief. At least it was comfortable enough to get some sleep!
This afternoon was pretty humid so the swamp cooler wasn't doing a good job of keeping it comfortable in here. The boys were sticky and Isaac was getting cranky so I took them up for a bath They were having a great time when I noticed that it was getting really dark and blustery outdoors. Then it started to rain and I could hear our dog getting agitated outside. He hates rain. So I bundled the boys in their towels and we headed downstairs so I could let Homer in. Then it really started to pour and there was thunder and lightning! Pretty cool. It was wonderful that it cleaned the air and gave us some much-needed moisture, but oh man, is it sticky! A swamp cooler is pretty much useless in humid weather. Gag.
But enough complaining about the weather. We are surviving and some people have it so much worse. We could be living where all the fires are and not even be in our house right now.
2 comments:
I totally understand the swamp cooler woes because that was all we had for a few years! I wanted to shoot myself in the summer, lol. It is rough when it's humid... especially when you have little ones to keep happy. Hopefully the weather will turn autumish soon and cool down :)
The best thing to do for kids with nosebleeds is the humidifier in the house to put moisture in the air and if you can placing sailne up his nose helps too keeping it moist in bad air will help (this coming from a kid who had thier nose cotorized 3 times as a kid and 3 as an adult)
Post a Comment