Monday, January 18, 2010

Birthdays

Last Thursday was Alan's birthday and that afternoon I made a fudgy souffle cake with turtle sauce. Super easy, super yum. Friday we went out for Japanese food to celebrate. It was one of those places that has a grill where the chef does his fancy cooking in front of everyone. The boys loved it! They also loved the edamame and ate a TON of it.

Yesterday we went over to my parents' to celebrate Alan's birthday and my dad's, which is this week. I tried to put Jacob down for a nap after his lunch, but he was not into that. He was putting up a fuss and I was trying to convince him that a nap would be super fun when he announced, 'Jacob's comin' out' and proceed to hike his leg up and try to launch himself out of the pack-n-play. Oh, I tried so hard not to laugh, but the way he said it was just too funny. I knew then that nap time was not going to happen. Oh well.

I told him he could 'nuggle' (snuggle) on the floor of the den with his blanket and watch football with Uncle Jeff and Daddy. You can imagine how long that lasted!

Isaac had a ton of fun playing with all the toys. He preferred to be out in the living room with my mom and I since the den was full of raucous loud guys watching the football game.

That's a snake on his head

Standing all by himself! This past week he has been doing that more and more and I am just waiting for him to take that first step.

Taking a little ride in the dump truck. When Jacob saw Isaac doing this, he wanted in on the action. He wasn't sure how to maneuver himself into the back of the truck so he did this little straddle move that had my mom and I laughing so hard. You really had to be there, though. I tried explaining it to Alan and he just gave me a courtesy smile.

Just a side note: The boys are both shirtless because I didn't want them to get lunch all over their nice Sunday shirts. They didn't seem to care and didn't feel cold so I just left them like that. Jacob would prefer to run around in just a diaper anyway, regardless of the weather. :P

The birthday boys. Their combined ages add up to 101. A Starbucks card goes to the first person (non-family member) who can correctly guess their individual ages.

I gave Alan a pitchfork for his birthday so he no longer has to try to mash up his compost pile using a shovel. We decided to pose 'American Gothic' style and it was really hard for me not to smile, especially with everyone looking on. Oh, the pressure! Man, do I look drab in this picture, or what? That was not planned to look like the painting. Wish I could say that was true. :P

Fun day! Next birthdays up: Mike and Isaac. I can't believe that in less than 2 months, Isaac will be one. Time to start party planning!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

43 and 58?
I can't pass up a contest!

Patty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julie said...

hmmm. 59 and 42? I guess that's pretty close to the previous guess but I'll try it.
hope you're enjoying the rain too!

Patty said...

You're absolutely right, Megs! I should have known you'd know. :P
Look for your prize coming soon!!

Unknown said...

Woo-hoo! There was an embarrassing amount of math that went in to figuring it out... subtracting, adding, rounding and then subtracting again. (I guess the embarrassing part is that I needed Scott's help!)

Jessica said...

haha, I was going to guess 59 and 42.... so I was thinking close.

The pitchfork picture cracks me up!

Sarah Schenkel said...

You are hilarious, Patty. Love the "American Gothic" picture.