Jacob loves to do all things artsy now. He got an easel for Christmas and now all we hear is 'Help me color. Help me color.'
He'll play with Play-Do forEVER! I usually pull it out when Isaac is napping so I can watch Jacob closer since he still likes to take little tastes and gets a little crazy with it sometimes. We have splat mats, but he can throw it farther. The other day he played with it for over an hour and a half. It is interesting to see his imagination at work. He had me make a play-do bed, a person and blanket and then we played 'night-night' with it.
Jacob got a watch from my dad since Jacob is always wanting to wear his. Now I ask Jacob the time and he usually says something like, '3:30', but the other day he said, '3:40', thought about it for a minute and said, '3:46'.
He loves to pray! Yesterday Alan and I saw him sitting in the corner with his hands folded, repeating, 'Bless this food. Amen. Bless this food. Amen'
He also loves to sing and I just think it is the sweetest sound in the world. Yesterday at lunch we sang the ABCs with me singing a line and then him repeating it. When we got to XYZ he sang that and then, 'Nets time sing wif me'. Just melted my heart!
Isaac is finally sleeping through the night - most of the time. He goes to bed at 7:00 and wakes up around 5:30/6:00, I feed him and he sleeps until 7:00/7:30. He is also down to 2 naps now, which has made it a bit difficult since now the boys don't nap at the same time like they did before. Most days there is a little overlap, so I get a little 'me' time, but I really have to do some planning to get errands run.
Isaac loves to dance! Whenever he hears music, he gets to boppin'. My brother Jeff gave him a singing toolbox for Christmas and he just loves that song!
We gave him his first haircut this weekend since his hair was looking a little shaggy, especially on the sides. We may have cut it a little short in the back, but oh well, hair grows. There are also a few little chunks out. He was pretty wiggly! That is exactly why I told Alan he couldn't give Isaac a haircut before he had his pictures taken.
Alan is still on break until next week and has been busy working on getting Jacob's new room finished. I can't wait for it to be done so I can start decorating it! I also am anxious to move Isaac out of the office and into his own room.
I decided to step down from being coordinator of the moms' group, mostly because of the nap situation. With naps running from 9:30-3:30(ish), it was hard finding times to plan activities.
I also think Baby Boot Camp will have to be put on hold for a while. I just don't see Isaac taking a good nap in the stroller. Not with so much activity going on anyway. Guess I'll just have to venture out on some run/walks on my own. :P
I'm kinda bummed that my social life is dwindling, but I keep reminding myself that it isn't forever.
4 comments:
Hopefully it will only be a few months and then Isaac will be down to one nap... and hopefully it will be the same time as Jacob's. It's so hard when they are on opposite schedules!! I know that day will be coming for me as well.
You did a great job running the Mom2Mom group :)
Hopefully you'll find yourself with more of a social life soon :)
Cute pictures and stories of your boys! I'll have to bust out the play doh with Ethan pretty soon.
I love hearing what your boys are up to. They are too cute.
It is hard to deal with 2 kids on different naps been there before. It gets better my 2 are almost on the same schedule Aubree goes down about 12(school pick up time) Breven at 1 so I gen an hour a day with 2 sleepers
They are really cute!!. Jacob seems so mature for his age, he even can pray!!:)
You did a good job as a moms coordinator, I know it is difficult with schedules, 2 kids, a house to take care, a husband amd a Dog.
Call me when you have time, maybe we can go for a walk!! :)
Post a Comment