Friday, January 22, 2010

Rainy Days

It has rained all week long and I am done with it! I do like the rain and I probably wouldn't mind so much if I didn't have two kids to entertain. They are used to playing outdoors almost every day and are going a bit stir crazy being cooped up indoors for 5 days straight. I think Jacob is getting sick of my attempts to come up with fun indoor things. He was even losing interest in Play-Do, so I know things are bad. I declared the past couple days 'Movie Days' and he can watch as many as he wants. I know it isn't a great parenting technique, but I need my sanity. It doesn't help that Isaac is being a bit needy and Jacob is being a bit (lot) selfish. If Isaac even starts heading toward some toys, Jacob starts screaming and running over there to make sure he doesn't play with them. Not sure where this screaming came from, but it is wearing on my nerves. Oh, and Jacob hasn't napped like all week so I have gotten zero breaks from kiddos. Fortunately, my mom has come over a couple afternoons to give me a little break and so I can get a few things done.

The other day I decided to tackle cleaning the upstairs (even I was getting bored and desperate for something to do - ha ha).
This is why I don't do that often when I don't have someone to watch the boys downstairs.


It took me a while to get that closet straightened up while the boys insisted on thwarting my efforts. At least they had fun and I did get the upstairs dusted and swept, so I guess it was worth it.

Come out sun! We miss you!!

1 comment:

Two Guys and a Girl said...

I hear ya on playing outside. We are very spoiled that our kids can play outside almost year round! Yay for moms who come over to relieve you during rainy weeks :o)