Tuesday, January 12, 2010

My Big Boys

Sunday was Jacob's first time in the Frog's class at church. No more nursery! He said he had fun and the teacher said he did well. They learned about Joshua and the wall of Jericho and made little horns. My little boy is growing up!

He wasn't really into posing with his horn, so I had to snap pics as he was playing.

Toot! Toot!

He got a desperately-needed haircut yesterday and looks so different now. We definitely got our money's worth this time! He was looking seriously shaggy.

He was playing peek-a-boo while I took his picture

Isaac had a check up yesterday and he weighs 20 pounds, 3 ounces (25th-50th percentile) and is 30 inches long (75th-90th percentile). He moved down on the charts for both weight and height. I believe he was in the 50th percentile for weight at 6 months and over 95th for length. I think now that he is really moving around he has thinned out a lot. He's not the chubba wubba he was as a tiny baby.

How cute is he?!?

Isaac's big accomplishment this weekend was that he FINALLY drank some milk from a sippy. We introduced one of those transition sippy cups a while back (the ones with a soft spout) and pretty much all he would do was chew on it. The past few weeks we've been giving him water in it and a few nights ago we did the ole switcheroo and put some milk in there. It wasn't much, only an ounce and a half, but he gulped it right down! Now, I know all of you with super awesome bottle drinkers are thinking, an ounce and a half - big deal! But, for us this is a huge deal. Maybe, just maybe Alan and I will be able to go out in the evening sometime soon. Alone, I mean. We've had a couple lunch dates since Isaac was born, but we haven't gone out on a date in the evening since last February. I'm trying not to get my hopes up, though. :P

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Wow... no more nursery... he is getting so big! I suppose Ethan only has a few more months in the nursery as well.

Two Guys and a Girl said...

Aww, they ARE getting big! I'm jealous of the nursery deal- children's church at our church doesn't start until 4 so Q still has to be in nursery for another few months. He HATES it too! (can't say I blame him when you're that old).

And YAY for taking milk from a sippy- that's huge! I hope he keeps it up and you and Alan can have an evening out by yourself soon!