Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Happy birthday, Isaac!!

Today our little guy turns TWO!! He's been going around today saying, "Today is Isaac's BIRTHDAY!'

Mike's birthday is on the 4th so we had a party for Mike and Isaac on Sunday.

Opening his first gift. Notice the little helper hands (Jacob)?


Mike and Jennifer wrapped their gift for Isaac in Thomas the Train paper and Jacob could hardly stand not being able to open it and see what was inside. He just kept staring at and touching the box. He was good, though, and didn't open it!


Isaac was pretty excited to see what was inside - an electronic Leap Frog letter toy for him to play with in the stroller at Baby Boot Camp. He's already used it a couple times this week and loves it!


A jumbo Thomas coloring book!


Boppa and Oma got him a book about Hiro, the only thing he asked for for his birthday. He kept telling us, 'I want Hiro book for my birthday.'


Musical instruments! We went to a music class at a local church about a month ago and the boys loved it! They still talk about it. So my parents got Isaac some instruments and the boys are having a great time making 'music'.


Here he is playing the tom-tom one morning.


Isaac was SO excited about his Toby cake and just couldn't wait to dig in. He was so mad while we sang 'Happy Birthday' because we were delaying the cake eating. He screamed and cried through the whole song!
Notice the blurry hands trying to grab at the cake.


The Toby cake. Toby is Isaac's favorite train. He naps with it and brings it everywhere with him so I knew Toby HAD to be the train on top of his birthday cake!


Isaac's friend Eli is two days older than him so Daniella (Eli's mom) and I made cupcakes and brought them to BBC yesterday. Isaac was super excited about those cupcakes! 'We bring cupcakes for Isaac and Ewi!' I was going to bring my camera to take pictures, but forgot. I don't think I would have gotten any pictures anyway because I was working hard at keeping Isaac from grabbing every single cupcake! This time he was much more receptive to having everyone sing 'Happy Birthday'. He had the biggest smile on his face!

Tonight after bath time the boys had a cupcake and we sang to Isaac again and he attempted to blow out the candles.

Waiting so patiently for his cupcake while we sang to him.


Ohhhhh, fire!


Look at that ginormous bite!!


I asked Jacob if he would like ice cream with his cupcake and he said yes. Then he said, 'I told you that I wanted ice cream with my cupcake. That is what I requested.' Where does he come up with this stuff?


Happy birthday, Isaac!!

2 comments:

Steven, Sara, Zachary and Andrew said...

Happy Birthday, Isaac! And cute Toby cake :)

Jessica said...

Happy Birthday Isaac! I can't beleive he's 2! I love the cake you made, so cute!