Monday, March 14, 2011

Isaac's Stats

Isaac had his 2 year check-up last week and was 34 1/2" (50th percentile) and was 25.5 lbs (25th percentile). These are approximate measurements because it was really hard getting his measurements since he refused to stand on the scale and was bucking around while we tried to get him to lay still for measuring his height. Stinker!

But that's just Isaac - he's a stinker by nature.
He swipes Jacob's favorite train and just laughs as Jacob gets mad.
He sneaks outdoors and then stands in the corner giggling as I tell him to come back inside.
When I tell him he needs a diaper change or to get dressed he runs away squealing.
If you ask him to say something like 'thank you' or 'good-bye' he just gives this super mischievous smile.

He's not all stinker, though. He is a sweet, adventurous, smart boy!

He loves to snuggle and I hear 'I want mom. Hold me. Hold me.' lots during the day. He loves to sit in our laps and read and cuddle. Before nap and bedtime he loves to snuggle and have me sing him a song or two or five. Sometimes when I am trying to get things done, having him whine for me to hold him can be a bit aggravating, so I just have to remind myself that all too soon he is NOT going to want to be snuggled by his mommy and I must cherish these moments while they last.

He is such a brave little boy and wants to do everything big brother does! I am really reminded of this at the playground where he tries to do all the stuff the big kids are doing. Makes me nervous, but I love his adventurous spirit!!

He loves being outdoors and exploring nature. He'll sit for a long time just sifting through dirt and leaves.

He told me 'Thomas is chuffing, mom.'

He had to show the chickens his train


He is learning his ABCs and 123s. He knows letters mostly by what words start with them. 'I find I for Isaac.'
Yesterday at the park we saw some people flying kites and Isaac went running full tilt at them yelling, 'K for Kite! K for Kite!!'
He can count to 9 most of the time and recognizes most of those numbers by sight too.
He loves to read with us and by himself. This morning he was sitting in the playroom reading and I told him he needed to get dressed. 'No. I'm just reading, mom.'

He talks up a storm, but only when HE wants to and that isn't usually around people who aren't family. He did talk a lot for the pediatrician, though, and she was quite impressed by how well he speaks. Guess we asked him the right questions during the appointment. He loves to talk about his trains and his birthday! He has the cutest voice and the funniest way of saying things. I just love listening to him talk! Right now he is eating his bedtime snack and I heard him tell Alan, 'I'm eating them in my mouth.'

He loves to eat and some of his favorites are cheese and crackers or pretzels, egg quesadillas, grapes, bananas, yogurt, enchiladas, fish tacos, chicken fingers, pancakes. Anything with 'dippin' saas'!

Isaac loves music! His favorite albums to listen to are 'Monkey music" (the Jack Johnson soundtrack from the Curious George movie) and 'Ice cream song' (Natalie Merchant). He calls it 'ice cream song' because there is a song about ice cream on the album. Once it gets about halfway through the album (always at the same song) he says, 'That's not ice cream!' and wants us to turn it off or start it from the beginning again. In the car he says, 'Music! Music!'. If he doesn't like the song he says, 'That's not music!' If he does like the song he says, 'I want it loud!' He's going to be that teenager who is always blaring his music, I just know it! :P

LOVE this little boy!

2 comments:

Sarah Schenkel said...

Egg quesadilla? I've never tried making that. Do you just scramble eggs and put it in the tortilla with cheese? And I love the "That's not music!" on songs he doesn't like. You'll have to repeat that to him when he's older when you don't like the music he's listening to. ;)

Patty said...

Sarah ~ I guess it is more an egg burrito since I rarely crisp the tortilla for the boys like a true quesadilla would be. I just scramble eggs, add a little cheese and salsa and then warm it all in a tortilla so it gets melty, using the microwave.