Thursday, March 3, 2011

Trip to the Zoo

Alan is on spring break this week so yesterday we headed to the zoo for the day. We were supposed to go last Saturday with my parents, Jeff, Mike and Jennifer, but it was rainy that day so we cancelled.

The boys loved the elephant statues!


Man, these tusks are HUGE!


Giving the baby elephant a big hug and kiss.


Baby jaguar just like on 'Diego'. Okay, it wasn't really a baby, but that's what the boys thought.


This was in the polar bear exhibit. There was a tunnel that kids could crawl through and even though neither of the boys was brave enough to do it, they thought it was super funny to watch other kids do it.


At the giraffe exhibit Jacob asked me what giraffes eat and I told him they ate leaves so he went looking for some leaves to feed them.


Isaac wanted in on that too! 'I feed them. I feed them.'


Fun day! The boys slept almost the whole way home, waking up after 5:00. I thought maybe they wouldn't fall asleep at their regular bedtime, but they were all tuckered out.

No comments: