Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Tuesday

Has it really been over two weeks since I last blogged? Whoops!

Today wasn't especially special, but I thought I would give a taste of a regular ole day for the DeWeerds.

The boys are a bit under the weather with runny noses and coughs so instead of going to Baby Boot Camp like we normally would on a Tuesday morning I strapped the kiddos in the jogger with a little snack and went for a 4 mile run. When we got home we played in the backyard until lunch. We played in the sand box and on the swings. Jacob rode his bike while Isaac ate snap peas from the garden. We kicked around the soccer ball and watched Iris play in the grass (Lily was laying an egg so we left her in the coop).

After a lunch of egg quesadillas, Isaac went down for a nap and Jacob played with his track while I took a much-needed shower. After I showered and cleaned up the kitchen I joined Jacob in chuffing round the track. Then I was getting sleepy so I made myself a coffee and sat and vegged a few minutes while Jacob looked at the engines on the Thomas website. Good parenting, huh? Sometimes ya just need a little breather to get yourself through the day.

When Isaac got up from his nap we did some alphabet crafts.
I got some dot painters a while back and pulled them out today. They say they are washable, but they are not. Isaac's hands were pretty green even after a vigorous scrubbing.


Such concentration!


We did 'O' for owl


'C' for caterpillar. Isaac pulled his caterpillar's eyes off. Poor caterpillar!


Then we headed back outdoors. The weather was beautiful today! Too nice to stay indoors. We played on the swings some more, rode in the wagon, 'fixed the owl tree' (the boys call the big evergreen in the corner of our backyard the 'owl tree' and they like to 'fix' it which basically means hitting it with sticks and putting dead pine needles on it - no idea where this came from!).
Doesn't Isaac look cute with his hat? It was Jacob's last year, but is now Isaac's since the one Isaac wore last year is way too small.


Isaac's current obsession is dump trucks. He pushes these things all over the yard, filling them with all sorts of fun stuff.


Since we stole Jacob's hat from him and haven't gotten him a new one, I had to improvise. This is my hat. It worked pretty well....


Kinda. Not sure he can see much here.


At one point Isaac stepped in dog poo so his socks and shoes came off. From there on the boys just got dirtier and dirtier.
Look at those dirty cheeks!


And knees


Since little brother had his socks and shoes off, of course Jacob had to take his off too.


Here he found a worm and was playing with it


Then he put the worm in the wheelbarrow and gave it a ride.


We played outdoors until it was time to fix dinner, which really meant making a salad and heating up pasta from the night before. Ha!

While I cleaned up the kitchen and put away some laundry the boys played in the playroom for a while and then we headed for the bathtub for a much-needed bath.
After bath the boys watched a little Winnie the Pooh and had their milk and crackers.
Isaac loves to sit in his towel after his bath.
Couldn't get a smile at first. I think I was blocking his view of the t.v which would explain the look I am getting here.


There's a smile!


Boys were in bed at 7:30 and now I am off to watch a little t.v. It was a fun day, but I am tired!

1 comment:

Sarah Schenkel said...

How thoughtful of Jacob to take the worm for a ride! :) And I totally get that look (Isaac's after bath) all the time from my girls. Love the crafts and love the update!