Monday, October 27, 2008

Green Eyed Monster

Jealousy reared its ugly head yesterday. I popped in the nursery for a few minutes to fill in for some friends while they watched a friend of theirs join the church. I was holding a little baby who was crying and trying to go to sleep. Jacob did NOT like that! He stood by my legs, pulling on my pants, crying and trying to climb up onto my lap. Oh my. Does he have a surprise in a few months!

As you know, we've been working on sleep lately. Trying to gear up for the time change next week and getting him used to one nap a day has been interesting, but I think we've finally got it. Well, hopefully. I always say that and then it all goes awry. :P Saturday night Jacob stayed at my parents' while we went to a party and he didn't drink his bedtime milk for them so we gave it to him when we got home at 11:00. Sunday morning he slept until 8:00 am! I can't remember the last time he did that. Maybe never. I certainly don't want to get into waking him up to feed him before we go to bed, so last night we decided to give him a nice big snack before bed. So, he got pita with peanut butter, apple and a cup of milk. He slept until 7:30! YAY. So once the time change happens, it looks like bedtime will be 8:00 with wake time around 6:30 or 7:00. I can totally do that. I would like him to go to bed more like 7:00, but I guess Jacob just doesn't need a ton of nighttime sleep. The once a day napping has been going well too. At first he was just sleeping an hour or so, but has been able to stretch that out to more like an hour and a half to two hours. Perfect.

Jacob is so close to walking! He has taken one to two steps on many occasions. I think he just needs a little more confidence and he'll take off!

2 comments:

Steven, Sara, Zachary and Andrew said...

So exciting about the sleeping!! We give Zach a big snack before bed too, I think a full tummy helps them sleep better! That's also very exciting about the walking, it brings a whole new set of challenges along with it, but is so much fun!

Julie said...

yeah! go jacob!