Monday, October 13, 2008

Whoopie Pies and Weelicious

Today our moms' group went to West Coast Whoopies to decorate cupcakes. It was fun and so cute to watch the kids inhaling their cupcakes. All the kids were Me-SSY! Whoo Hoo!

First we took a little tour of the bakery and saw the huge oven and refrigerator. They can bake 100 whoopie pies in 15 minutes! Then we got to pick our flavors of cupcake and frosting. YUM! The bakers came around with a frosting bag and the kids got to help squeeze the frosting on their cupcake. Jacob even helped hold the bag. He was pretty excited about the whole thing. He just instinctively knew that this was food! :P We sprinkled on some colored sugar and then dug in. And I mean DUG IN! Chocolate frosting everywhere!

Before digging in


Jacob covered in frosting


I couldn't resist those whoopie pies staring me in the face, so I bought a chocolate peanut butter one and a snickerdoodle one. They are pretty huge so I think I'll split them and give some to my parents. My mom is coming to watch Jacob today while I have an OB appointment. That can be her 'payment'. :D

My friend Megan sent me a link to a cool website for baby/kids recipes. Weelicious.com focuses on making food that is fresh, seasonal, organic, fast and easy. Right up my alley! She posts a new recipe each weekday, a snack of the week and a quick tip video each Friday. I have been browsing this site off and on all day and have seen lots of things I want to try for Jacob. Check it out!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

mmm.... those sound yummy! That website looks cool, I'll have to try some of those things :)